OM: Cheez - Final Battle

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone

We have added the Open Mic forum where a song or music will be posted to be shared and enjoyed by fellow users. This is also a good chance to showcase your talents to the many 'headhunters' out there.

Just like a real Open Mic session, please 'clap' to show your support and do not hesitate to give your comments and suggestions to improve the work.

Drum roll.........

Presenting our first OM star!

Cheez with his original symphony composition, Final Battle.

Enjoy!

James

*contact me if you want to appear on the OM

Thanks veganbleu. Also thanks to James for putting it up. It is rather an old piece - just dug up from my archives. The samples are also rather archaic - sampling has revolutionalized greatly since I did it 3 years ago.

Hi Cheez

The piece is very visual. I can 'see' how the warrior are moving into position and engaging in the battle. Very LOTR :wink:

soft said:
Hi Cheez

The piece is very visual. I can 'see' how the warrior are moving into position and engaging in the battle. Very LOTR :wink:

Thanks. Perhaps you should say that LOTR is very Final Battle, since I wrote this way before Howard Shore wrote LOTR... :wink:

whoa, that's really nice. if i hadn't known i wouldn't have been able to tell if it were professional or not! haha.

Hey Cheez! Teach me!

Cheez! In Kopitiam (subject "Learning the Ropes to MUSIC"), u said u "probably need advise" from me instead. Don't bluff! Teach me? Please? :)

I can pay.

I've engaged a piano teacher (haven't met yet) to teach conventional piano stuff. So far, she not charging for the "music structure" lesson thing. She said, put it to "open-research". Of course, I thanked her profusely.

But if u can REALLY teach me MUSIC (the essence of it?), I would really like to meet u. Shall we? :)

Jon, PM me.

Let's make this more fun. Can anybody give a list of the instruments you hear in this piece? (I know it is 64kps and not exactly very clear).

Having a bit of an ear infection but here goes....

you opened with
1. tremolo strings
then i think
2. trombones / trumpets
3. kick drum
4. piccolo
5. A splash/ride
6. snares
7. tubas
8. toms!
can't decide whether the contrabass is a low violin or not. Or whether there's a french horn section in there.
I really like the trilling portions of the piece.

You must've really advanced from 3 years back now, how about a more current piece or are they commercial tracks?

jon, wow arts central! How'd the gig come about?

veganbleu said:
Having a bit of an ear infection but here goes....

you opened with
1. tremolo strings
then i think
2. trombones / trumpets
3. kick drum
4. piccolo
5. A splash/ride
6. snares
7. tubas
8. toms!
can't decide whether the contrabass is a low violin or not. Or whether there's a french horn section in there.
I really like the trilling portions of the piece.

You must've really advanced from 3 years back now, how about a more current piece or are they commercial tracks?

jon, wow arts central! How'd the gig come about?

Not bad! Too bad the encoding wasn't too clear. Anymore takers?

Hmm. No more takers. OK then. Here's the list:

1. Violins (1 and 2)
2. Violas
3. Cellos
4. Double Basses
5. Trumpets
6. Trombones
7. French Horns
8. Flute (solo)
9. Clarinet (solo)
10. Contrabassoon
11. Harp (Glissandos)
12. Snare drum
13. Cymbals (suspended and 2 different clashes)
14. Tympanis
15. Toms
16. Bass Drum
17. Gong (the very last note in the piece)

Latest posts

Back