New Guitar

you'd do well to remember Henry Garza of Los Lonely Boys - his strats are all stock, MIM ones.. and boy does he have some tone.

Re: Hee

neuro182 said:
woah oh.. so many replies to my thread *honored* i tink i got wat u guys mean.

stars: thanks for your judgement upon me :) may u be judged in the same measure u've used.

What i mean by guitar with hum = H-H or H-S-H or H-S-S setup, not the hum that the single coil produced :D

Then maybe make yourself more understandable. No offense, but most of your posts are very confusing. And btw, I don't think anyone here was judging you harshly. Its all just constructive criticism.:smt001

Btw, if I'm not wrong (high chance I might be wrong though). Are there any wiring which can make the neck, middle and bridge SC cancel off the 60Hz hum off each other?

Re: Hmm

stars said:
hmmz no offense or anything personal here k bro ? but please refrain from commenting unless ya are very sure u are right. its very misleading and confusing in the thread and the multiple other threads in which you have posted inaccurate stuff. nothing personal k bro ?

haha, finally someone said it

neuro182 said:
stars: thanks for your judgement upon me :) may u be judged in the same measure u've used.

no offense taken bro !

not passing judgement here or anything but just letting you know nicely that information without substance is spam.

i understand your intent is good , helping others with info and stuff is commendable. but only if you are really sure of what you are talking about and you have experienced it first hand before. a lot of things can be discussed in theory but till you have tried it out and experienced it yourself, alot of it is just unsubstantiated stuff floating about.

in any case just to point out : H-H combination eliminates hum. if i m not mistaken , a H-H config produces no hum as the humbuckers are two intermeshed single coils , which cancel out the hums produced by each other.

as i understand it, humming usually occurs in a SSS or HHS combination. this is because 2 single coils work in a pair to "cancel" off each other's random 66hz noise which is otherwise known as humming. when u have an extra S bumming about with nothing to cancel it , there is hum. this goes for jazz basses as well. when one single coil pickup , a single J pickup for instance is soloed, there will be alot of hum coming from the pickup. but when the two J pickups are used together , there is no hum since both pickups cancel each others 66hz noise.

i dont profess to know more than you, thats why i dont post often in the guitar thread and prefer to watch , read and learn

Hmm

Apologies go out to everybody whom i've confused or offended.

My knowledge (I admit) is quite limited & most of what I've learnt are based on conversation with friends who are into guitars as well. So sorry if I've made a fool outta myself. I tink I should do more read-up over the net instead of posting some confusing & irrelevant stuffs here.

Hope you guys can forgive me :oops: :lol:

stars said:
in any case just to point out : H-H combination eliminates hum. if i m not mistaken , a H-H config produces no hum as the humbuckers are two intermeshed single coils , which cancel out the hums produced by each other.

as i understand it, humming usually occurs in a SSS or HHS combination. this is because 2 single coils work in a pair to "cancel" off each other's random 66hz noise which is otherwise known as humming. when u have an extra S bumming about with nothing to cancel it , there is hum. this goes for jazz basses as well. when one single coil pickup , a single J pickup for instance is soloed, there will be alot of hum coming from the pickup. but when the two J pickups are used together , there is no hum since both pickups cancel each others 66hz noise.

Well, Stars, first of all... the H-H combination does not eliminate hum. It is the way a humbucker that in itself, it eliminates 60 cycle hum.

Whatever the pup configuration of a guitar, the amount of hum is dependant on how the pups are wired and on good grounding.

:lol: :lol: Hahaha...... I think the guys are thinking about something deeper than an innocent mistake.....hahaha....

My opinion is to best get a guitar which suits your sound, be it humbucker type or single coil type. Best of both worlds would be S-S-H config. As you can get a very versatile tone from this config, sort of a working musician must have.

By getting a splittable humbucker, and installing the "coil tap" or "coil split", selector switch, you can have even more possible tone to play with.

The thing with regular performer is that you never know which venue you are playing at. Some function rooms have low ceiling with dimmer lightings are the worst for hum noise pickup. I did sound at one of these wedding function, and the guitarist and bassist have a bad time cutting the hum noise. Lucky the guitarist has a humbuck on his guitar, so no choice but to sacrifice tone for a cleaner sound. I have to cue in the bassist signal only when he is playing.

Cheers dudes :wink:

oops .. i m sorry

hmmz but the reason a HH is less likely to hum is because the a H is made of two intertwined SC ? at least thats what i understand of it :lol: so the humbucker dosent "hum"

if im not wrong(guys correct me if i am), the way humbuckers work is that while one coil if wounded the regular way, the other is wounded in the reverse, in turn reversing the polarity of the humbucker and therefore make the hum "buck" itslef or cancel itself out. hence the name humbucker

if im not wrong(guys correct me if i am), the way humbuckers work is that while one coil if wounded the regular way, the other is wounded in the reverse, in turn reversing the polarity of the humbucker and therefore make the hum "buck" itslef or cancel itself out. hence the name humbucker

Latest posts

Back