Need help deciding on a guitar!

Joevyn

Hi guys, been wanting to get a new guitar for quite some time now, but i've no idea on what to get!
i mean i have been mainly considering between a strat or a deluxe nashville tele. here's the deal, i listen
to loads of country and blues music, BB king, SRV, Brent mason, Brad paisley etc....

Yup, as the title says, really need help deciding. Feel free to suggest guitars that you think are suitable!
my budget Caps at about 900-1000 bucks, cause im still a student :) Thanks for your time!

Get a strat! Then maybe add a push pull pot wired as a s1 switch, which means when the pot is up, the bridge pup is always activated, so you can get 2 extra sounds!

Get that fender special strat on soft now! Pretty good strat.

If not a 2nd hand mij strat would be good as well. For your budget, can prolly get one of the reissue models

Get a strat! Then maybe add a push pull pot wired as a s1 switch, which means when the pot is up, the bridge pup is always activated, so you can get 2 extra sounds!

Get that fender special strat on soft now! Pretty good strat.

If not a 2nd hand mij strat would be good as well. For your budget, can prolly get one of the reissue models

I second that opinion. A strat is versatile to cover that wide a range of styles. Been wanting to get the same mod j.custom mentioned!

always try a guitar before commiting to buy. specs can vary quite a bit when it comes to getting either a Stratocaster or Telecaster.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies, appreciate it! do you know where i can get 2nd hand MIJ strats?

Hey mate, for your budget, you don't even have to look at 2nd hand ones! I've seen some brand-new MIJ strats for S$900 - $1k in and around the Peninsular/Excelsoir guitar haunts. Even tried one out, think it's a standard one (not one of the re-issues) going at $900 at the shop opposite the shop that sells those guitar books & videos at Excelsior's basement.

Still, I second bro relinquish69's opinion that you should go around trying as many guitars as possible, before making that final decision. It's something that's very personal, and a guitar may play & feel great for one person, but this does not mean that others will like it just as much...

Happy Shopping!! ;)

The Nashville Tele sounds like a good choice. The added Strat middle pup is a bonus, and if you end up not liking the neck pup(quite common) you can always swap it for a Strat pickup. Furthermore, the artists you mentioned started off with Teles(in BB's case an Esquire) in the first place.

Hey mate, for your budget, you don't even have to look at 2nd hand ones! I've seen some brand-new MIJ strats for S$900 - $1k in and around the Peninsular/Excelsoir guitar haunts. Even tried one out, think it's a standard one (not one of the re-issues) going at $900 at the shop opposite the shop that sells those guitar books & videos at Excelsior's basement.

Still, I second bro relinquish69's opinion that you should go around trying as many guitars as possible, before making that final decision. It's something that's very personal, and a guitar may play & feel great for one person, but this does not mean that others will like it just as much...

Happy Shopping!! ;)
I believe the shop you're talking abt's sound alchemy, yes a new mij standard goes for 950, but if you can get a mint 2nd hand RI model for cheaper, why not? You'll end up saving a lot more cash

I believe the shop you're talking abt's sound alchemy, yes a new mij standard goes for 950, but if you can get a mint 2nd hand RI model for cheaper, why not? You'll end up saving a lot more cash

Yeah that's right! Just got back into guitaring so not familiar with names of these places, in any case, I've never been too good with names! Certainly a 2nd hand MIJ re-issue will present excellent value if in mint condition. But that's a very big IF... :confused:

Still, totally agree that it would definitely pay to shop around and find that 2nd hand gem...

i listen to loads of country and blues music, BB king, SRV, Brent mason, Brad paisley etc....

Less SRV.. I would say definitely a Tele! I suspect you're going to miss the Tele Country twang with a Strat.. Sound Alchemy has the MIJ Strats and Teles if you're buying new.. And fits in your budget too. Go and TRY!!!

Back