Musician's Friend Buys Harmony Central

JMguitars

http://news.harmony-central.com/News/2005/HC-MF.html

Harmony Central, the leading information site and online community for musicians, has been acquired by Musician's Friend, the largest online and catalog music gear retailer.

Both companies serve the general musical community and share a common culture of values and goals. With the support and resources of Musician's Friend, Harmony Central can now look forward to an even greater future.

Harmony Central will continue to operate as an independent [RIGHTTT ...]publisher and forum, providing the news, reviews, tech tips, resources, and musician-to-musician sharing of information that have made it the most popular music site on the web. With insightful input from real musicians of every stripe, coupled with manufacturer expertise, Harmony Central will continue to provide the vital content musicians have come to rely on.

Yes, should have seen something like this coming. It is hard to run such a large resource-based website with advertising alone. May be better for both of them. I don't think the content will change much. Maybe more ads from Musician's Friend?

James,

No matter what. Try as hard as possible not to sell out to Swee Lee ok? We'll support you as much as we can.

From some Singaporean guy in Australia.
=)

wired said:
Cheez said:
Perhaps the day may come when Swee Lee acquire SOFT...... 8O

That doesn't seem so bad. :lol:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

tts a nightmare...

hmmz... imagine every thread in the middle of it , u c a string of ads for swee lee products.

not that i have anything against swee lee. but there should be a line drawn somewhere between the community and commercial aspects of the business.

thats how i feel about it. i mean. yes its a symbosis , the growth of one would sitmulate the growth of another , but even within a symbosis , there are boundaries and limitations. to cross those boundaries, is there any demarcation left to differentiate the two seperate entities ?

imagine human society being purely commercial , with people wearing product placements , advertising , no shred of individual intergrity left in such a society *shudders* [sounds like its coming true]

dont flame me ! 8)

Cheez said:
Yes, should have seen something like this coming. It is hard to run such a large resource-based website with advertising alone. May be better for both of them. I don't think the content will change much. Maybe more ads from Musician's Friend?

There will be frickin MF popups everytime you switch pages.

Latest posts

Back