Music and Audio Technology at Singapore Poly

Alamak, how can they expect you to have a recording portfolio at the age 17? It's not going to be an entry requirement.
Like that hor, might as well ask the sound engineers in SG to go for the diploma.
No space for Students fresh for O'levels?

I used to do sound in church, I had a few cassete tapes that recorded the bands.
I don't see any other way to do it.

Unless....you go to a recording company, ask to mix one of their songs(which i think it's unlikely)

What kind of portfolio do they really want?

u dun hav to go for recording lah colarndo..juz show what u've got to make to make u suitable for the course...tink of it like a job interview lah..
the tapes that u got oso can...or u juz play around with watever music software like fruity loops, sonar or adobe audition, create some tunes..songs..burn it to CD..show them u can read music notes or tabs..tell them u got a band and let them listen ur demo..or if u got MD..go to orchard road on weekends and record Wicked Aura in action!! Wicked Aura is fantastic!! ..or ask people around to rap or wat or u sing yourelf..then go home u mix it..haha aniting u can tink of juz do it lah...all these are considered + points

No la bro, I not planning to join, It seems like the entry requirements for this course seems rather vague.

BTW I'm graduating from Film,Sound, Video this year.

Well...being 16 and incredibly young :p ... im planning on showing them some of the better vid recordings of my jam sessions and also...im going to get the vid of my outside concert band performance from the seniors...hope it'll make a difference....

wish me luck! :wink:

la salle is just like ur typical polytechnic but offers a different variety of 3 yr diploma courses.simple...L1 R4 plus auditions...dats all

u can perform any instrument or submit a portfolio recording during the auditions followed by a interview.....

yeahhhh but i'm eyeing La Salle SIA.hey..i have been eyeing this course for 2 years u know? when i was sec 3....and although my frens says dat it's a shit course in a shit school wif no job prospects upon graduation...i will still sitck to my promise.now the tide is turning , 2 years ago none of my frens knew wad music technology is all about.they only knew dat it's all about recording music dats all.but ever since SP introduced music tech , everyone's wanting to have a slice of the pie

so yeah i'm trying to stick to my 2 year old promise(more like a vow) and dat is get into music tech at La Salle SIA :lol:

Newbie said:
Hmmm whats the requirement to get into music tech in lasalle? nothing?

oh sorry i forgot one more important point for music tech in La Salle SIA.

L1 R4 INCLUDING a pass in either E/A maths or Physics in ur L1 R4 and of course audition and interview as an additional criteria

Back