Moving On

i can't take anyone who uses the word 'sheeple' seriously

also, random bolds are awesome

No money to migrate and i don't want to leave my family and friends behind. Who knows what your future neighbours will be like:\

If I make it as a musician, Poof, off i go. if I make it as an architect, Poof, off i go too. Either way, the moment I make it and have the financial capacity to, I will pack my bags and leave. I've already had 2 friends, who left, one to australia, the other to the USA, for their university education, their not coming back for the forseeable future. Heck, one of them ain't even a PR here anymore. Call me leaver, call me quitter, but heck, I'm gonna forge a better life for myself than I ever can in Singapore.

Call me leaver, call me quitter, but heck, I'm gonna forge a better life for myself than I ever can in Singapore.

hehh thats the spirit bro!
no ones calling you a quitter or leaver laa
its you who decide what to do with your life..

all the best man bro!
remember to drop by soft frequently when youre overseas

The grass is always greener on the other side.

The country the author is looking for does not exist. You get some good stuff here, you don't get it elsewhere. The world outside is not as beautiful as we all portray it to be. Open your eyes when you've migrated, maybe when you wake up from your fairytale dream, you'll see the problems that that country faces. And then you'll be able to compile another list of reasons why you want to leave that country.

And as Levan said, who do you live for?

Haha HAnnya, thanks for the compliments. I don't know, I just got irritated by the stupid quotes he gave just because it sounded like it could apply to something. Anyway, P.S. means Post Script :)

Interesting story to share anyway...
My fiance, she's from Finland and she came here to Singapore and absolutely LOVED it. She says it's far more interesting than most of Europe, the food's better, the fact that the shops don't close at 5-6pm every day and that there are people who are (mostly) considerate to others is a breath of fresh air as compared to where she stays in Europe. All in all, she has chosen out of her own free will to migrate here to stay with me (Believe me, I tried to persuade her not to abandon Europe for this place :p). But she did say that Singapore is far more interesting as compared to Finland where some teens have to resort to tossing toilet paper around to entertain themselves (She's being serious too, much to my amusement!) and get drunk and smoke all the time because there's nothing else to do. It also sucks that the nearest cinema to her town is about 100 kilometers away, and her friends are about 200km away, and that it costs about 300 Sing dollars just to visit them..

Taxes are about 20 or so percent, but they do earn slightly more salary than us, though the price of everything is almost always doubled so it equates to about the same thing. This applies for most of Europe. In Belgium, taxes can go as high as 50 percent by the way. Music CDs can cost up to 40 Sing Dollars. And don't even talk about the taxis - apparently they cost an absurd amount of money.

But she did say that Singapore's metal scene pales in comparison to the Finnish hardcore metal scene, which is obviously true considering how many great metal bands have come from there. :) Their population is only about 200,000 more than ours.

Also, I met this guy from England at Singfest and he too said the same thing about Singapore and he chose to move here out of his own free will. He's been here with his wife for two years now and still loves the place. He was originally from London.

Also of note are some of my American friends who actually hate their country and hate their politics. Some of which describe the USA as being 'incredibly f***ed up and full of sh*t". . Not all though - there are still people who like living in the states because of the freedom of expression there. But don't forget, the freedom of expression also means the freedom of reaction.

So yeah, you know, to each his own. There is quite a bit about Singapore to love and these are things we take for granted. But there are also things that could be done much better and if not corrected, WILL lead to a lot of talented youths leaving this country for places they feel more welcomed to.

Last edited:
Jamaica's got slightly less than 3 million people, but they've got some of the best athletes and amazing musical exports!

And does anybody really feel more patriotic when singing them?

the only time I feel patriotic when singing our national anthem is at a Singapore VS (insert country here) soccer match. lol. wonder if I'll get into trouble for this.

reasons to like Singapore :
1. You can have chicken chop, roti prata, mee goreng and hokkien mee at the same place.
2. Shopping malls are all just a few busstops away, air con blissssssssssss.
3. Our MDA can rap.
4. Lots of types of girls. Scene girls, Ah lians, Minahs, Ang moh pais, Rojak.
5. Hot pants (is that the correct name?)
6. Fiona Xie, Andrea Fonseka and laozhabor.blogspot.com (GMILF LOL WTF)

"The ignorance in this .....

P.S. Here, let me hand you this plate. I believe your buttocks are on it. ;)

I enjoyed reading your views and comments. You've some very good points.

But really, IMHO was that last sentence really necessary?

Last edited:
Andrea Fonseka is former Miss Malaysia lah. But M'sia and S'pore are brudder brudder right? Can share share one.

"I enjoyed reading your views and comments. You've some very good points.

But really, IMHO was that last sentence really necessary?"

Is posting on a forum really necessary? Is pointing out the necessity of something really necessary? Nobody knows! It's a paraphrasing of 'handing your a** to you' or in more LAN-gaming terms, 'wah lau kana owned'

@Levan : Haha ur welcomed man, its really IMPACT & ARTISTIC what! Ok noted, Post Script, hmm.. Hey ur last post is set to Difficulty Level : Medium, I can understand it without reading it OUT from my mouth! But dun decrease difficulty level pls, it will lessen my brain activity! Yeah actually good point @ putting out the phrase "take for granted", its damn dangerous for anyone to not knowing how to cherish stuffs man.. (f*k sh*t I left my tap running when trimming nose hair today, I MUST CHANGE!!) :-x

@pedialite : extra POSITIVE to ur point 4 & 5, cool to have these incentives floating around Singapore! I'm feeling a sense a BELONGING now! wahahaha

Anyways i'm thinking of starting a thread on GOOD habits & BAD habits that affect our earth now after i realised i wasted water during my personal activity.. f*k i'm a sinner

Last edited:
Hell yeah! If i had the dough :(

Will be visiting Perth soon and at the same time, to check it out.
Wishing for a more 'laid-back' place I am.

Good for you bro! If you think that you'll be happier there, just go for it! In the end it's your happiness and those around you that counts so no point forcing yourself to be happy in a place that you're not comfortable with :)

Jamaica's got slightly less than 3 million people, but they've got some of the best athletes and amazing musical exports!

You are comparing Singapore, with its people dating back to only the 14th century, and Jamaica, which dates back to 4000 BC?

An island with a history of slavery?

Of course, with that kind of adversity comes the athletes and musicians.

Heck, a bulk of our medal-winning athletes who gets paid loads of money are from PRC.

;)

It's funny when suddenly thoughts of the typical stereotypes of Jamaicans, and Asians, come to mind. :mrgreen:

Back