MONSTER CABLE

i've heard of numerous cases of monster cables crapping out after awhile, personally, the connectors on the RCA-1/4" monster cables i have were extremely tight and broke off after awhile. they still work,but not exactly confidence inspiring.

in any case..monster cables are way overpriced and i will never buy another monster cable after reading this link: http://www.monstergreed.com/Index with info about MC.htm

talk about questionable business ethics..

swee lee.. or actually most shops at penin shud have.. it's around $25-30 for the gold plated tips, not the normal ones. i dunt see how they are inferior to monster cable at all..

There seem to be a grudge by those people in the states against m0nster cables. Apparently, they launched some lawsuits against some small companies, educational included over the term "m0nster".

Anyway, I've people say they crap out. Rather than get them, get evidence audio. Expensive as well. But just much better in terms of value.

i've got a monster cable. bought almost 2 yrs back. still working fine. but i'd recommend ibanez series 96 gold plated cables. can still get at sweelee me thinks..

almondx said:
swee lee.. or actually most shops at penin shud have.. it's around $25-30 for the gold plated tips, not the normal ones. i dunt see how they are inferior to monster cable at all..
actually, just wipe the silver tips 1 properly will do.. the gold plated ones are really over priced... no diff as long as u keep ur heads clean by wiping the oxidised stuff hard with a cloth...

i'm not sure on this, but i've never seen gold-plated cables (except for the musicians) used when teching for gigs. then again they could be there, just that i don't see them. my $0.02= just go to luther and buy the proel/neutrik cables there, they're good enough.

I think the most important thing here is still tone. People talk about how this cable adds too much midrange to their tone, or it seems to make their tone sterile and so on so forth. Those guys are not kidding you. They CAN hear it.

Some things don't scrimp. $6 for 5 patch cables? Yeah, right, now that is some really bad stuff.

So bottom line, get what your ears tell you to get.

MadWereWolfBoy said:
actually, just wipe the silver tips 1 properly will do.. the gold plated ones are really over priced... no diff as long as u keep ur heads clean by wiping the oxidised stuff hard with a cloth...

no actually, it's because i prefer the thicker housing of the cable heads and not the gold tips which swayed my decision. the tips were just a bonus. The cable heads just seems alot more solid with the thicker plastic housing for gold ones than the normal thin ones.

i think the prolink cables sold at Luther's are good and sturdy not too pricey as well.But i think the ultimate must be the Pete Cornish hand soldered and inspected ones.

go read up about the myths of cables online...the only supposedly benefit of gold-plated connectors is their supposed higher resistance to corrosion.

i use planet waves cables..not because of sound but the fact that the cables tend to be very well behaved and dont tangle easily,plus they have the little elastic band attached that holds the coils together when coiled up. excellent idea.

the luther patch cables are excellent as well..havent had a single problem so far.

on the subject of lousy cables degrading tone...i actually like the treble attenuation that some cables,especially long ones give. i believe that was quite the part of hendrixes' tone as well..the coiled cables and all.

re the elastic... they can get a bit loose after a long while. I just use the velcro cable ties if they do end up becoming too loose to hold the cables properly.

Latest posts

Back