MONSTER CABLE

blackstar said:
a bit out of topic, but where can i get george l's cables? i heard wakemeup used to have it. anywhere else?
r u refering to the one at queensway?? or there's another one??

Hmm.

I've heard some good stuff about monster cables, but I have no personal experience myself.. so I wun go into their performance.

However.

I owned a 20-foot silver-tip Planet waves cables. Disappointing.. I think it wasn't well made or smth, and it would crackle and cut the signal if I bent it somewhere. Naturally I tried to salvage it, to no avail... it's dead now.

Right now I own a GOLD-tip 20-foot planet waves cable. I bought it from ranking for roughly 25 bucks.. and it's a very good cable. I've used it for a couple of gigs, and it's my main cable.. only gripe is that the 20-foot gold-tippers I have yet to see a right-angle one because I'm using an SG.. and I don't like the cable head sticking out so much.

But other than that.. I've yet to try a cable like planet waves which gives such a clear signal.

luthermusic's cable.. im usin them... but quite disappointed..i bought too.. one died ... the one now is dyin.. it works great in the beginnin.. but right now.. i think some solder joint has come off or wad i dunno.. alot of noise already.. gotta bring them back see wad they say...

i used to use Monster Cables, they were okay. I think my Spectraflex cables were a lot better. More durable, very well behaved, and I still use them, along with some custom Canare cables with swiss Neutrik heads that i got made at Luther's. The Canares are good, I like!

A gd cable to me is one that is transparent and does not color ur tone at all and just acts as a link from your guitar to ur amp/efx. Cheap cables sometimes adds/reduces unwated freq and is made from low quality products.

I've tried Monster Cables and I must say that they r pretty damn gd but way overpriced. U r better off getting the Planet Waves or George Ls and even the Luther ones, though I highly recommend the Planet Waves.

As for the gold plated/silver jacks, it definately makes a diff as well. Gold is a better conductor and is more responsive to most freq, thus y some audiophiles r willing to spend $10-$25k on "gold wired" headphones.

Another tip when gigging or jamming is to make sure ur instrument cables does not come near any power cable as this will add hiss and noise.

yeah i can vouch for the quality of the monsters.

i've had one for almost 7 years and its still as good as when i first bought it
the gold is not tarnished and the cable is really resistant to internal coiling. as long as you learn to roll it up properly. got technique one. ask any 1st year fsv student

:wink:

stars_jy,

Why don't you bring it back to Luther to get it fixed? There's a warranty yes?

Crawldaddy said:
only gripe is that the 20-foot gold-tippers I have yet to see a right-angle one because I'm using an SG..

try music theme? Last I went they were in stock. I'm not sure about now but it's worth a try! Oh these are the ones with the old heads as well (not the circuit breakers). The old ones are supposed to be more durable as well so it's to ur advantage.

fraggot said:
yeah i can vouch for the quality of the monsters.

i've had one for almost 7 years and its still as good as when i first bought it
the gold is not tarnished and the cable is really resistant to internal coiling. as long as you learn to roll it up properly. got technique one. ask any 1st year fsv student

:wink:

Maybe the QC differ then and now?

ya.. ill bring it down one day.. but i lost the receipt already.. hope they will still fix it for it.. but their service is juz excellence.. no stress or wadeva when buyin/lookin stuff at there.. :) that i bought another one from them when one of mine broke...

Back