Maestro CD2 Review

Gr3y

I was reading the forum name, it says post your maestro pic here! so i guess i'm e first guy to do so.. :D

cd2.jpg

Ok so i guess i must do some review here :p

This is a CD2.From what i know it is yet an official realised model.

The specs as from what i remembered are:

Tuner:Gold Grover Tuning Machine
Nut:Bone Nut
Fingerboard:Rosewood
Frets:Medium size i think..
Top:Grade AAAA Premium Solid Sitka Spruce
Side:Solid Mahogany
Back:Solid Mahogany
Saddle:Bone
Bridge:Rosewood
Inlays:Faux Abalone Shell in Diamond Cut(Very stylish to me :D)
Pickup:B-band 2.2 (XOM system)

Well this spec i've listed isnt really official,i might have mistaken some details but these are what i know from the sales person at the esplanade branch.

Sound
Maestro are quite famous for always being thicker in their sound and since this piece is a full solid, the sound is bound to be strong and loud.I mean really loud! When i'm playing, it can really sound so close to some of those martins i've tried before.I then of coz requested to compare with the blueridge and although it didnt really have the same kinda sound but maestro have this warmer and bigger sound as compared to blueridge who are bolder and more to bluegrass music.I play more to rock,chinese pop and sometimes attempt to learn jazz.I feel the sound is just right,being warm and loud.

Action
Again their actions have never failed me.. always that low and buzz free.. i'm not really a rhythm guitarist so i prefer low actions that is able to last me through hours of playing!Besides i'm very much an electric guitar player so i cant take 'traditional acoustic actions'

cd2-2.jpg

Look at this pic!The neck angle seems really good to me.. if an acoustic guitar have a bad neck angle, it'll bound to give you bad times!bad money on repair! And of coz, i'm convinced that this is very very close to what taylor are offering nowadays! Actually i cant really show much as you can tell my camera isnt very good.. i'll describe it to be very much like how tune-o-matic bridge have their angles for les paul and sg! unique..

B-Band
Before buying this guitar, i knew little about b-band.. all i know is steve vai is using it.(after i read the articles pasted at the shop lol ). Then i try it.It sounded, loud! Exceptionally loud and sensitive.. not sure about many other brands out there though.. and due to its due pickup system, it allows me to choose either more of the guitar top sound or the saddle sound.If you are to try, you'll realise the guitar top sound is very very much like condenser mic on! It was so sensitive that it allows me to pick up tapping of the guitar body w/o generating irritating feedbacks like those mic pickup.bravos to it!

Though the price seems to varies for members and non-members,i signed up as member never the less.

Total Damage: $1355

Last edited:
That is a very NICE guitar. Think my friend bought this one but without the electronics.

yes its very nice :D so many others use this model? i though they dun have much pieces made.

wao thats a nice one...

how long have u been playing wif the CD2??

i just went to Maestro peninsula yesterday and was trying out the CD1. I must say it is fabulous. The action was low, and the treble was ringing even when lightly struck. Seriously, imo the CD1 gave me the impression of what the Timothy S7 gave me.

And Teck was very frenly too.

I am scouting around to get my second guitar, in the price range of $800 to abt $1100+- so the CD1 falls into my budget definitely.

Maestro being a new brand of guitar, I do wonder how their guits will perform after say 3-5 years. And what is their after sales service like? how long is their warranty? what does it cover?

I've been using that since.. Feb? not sure about the aftersale service becoz so far the guitar isnt giving me any problem :D well i'm quite certain it will last me long, and it better be! :twisted:

Yes i also find teck friendly,esp his cold jokes.. which makes me wonder about that post regarding teck's bad attitude man.. sad sad..but i've bought mine from vincent though :)

Have you tried e cd2 also? the bass n treble is so well balanced!

well humans being humans, have their bad days yah. but Teck is an ok guy yah, I have gone to Maestro many times to try out their guits, and everytime he has been very frenly and approachable.

I have met Hozen once too. And he comes across as a great guy too, very approachable.

I did see the CD2 yes but didnt try it out though. Now I am in such a dilemma, dunno whether to get the Timothy or the CD1 haha.

aiya but seriously regardless of where it is made, a good guitar will b a good guitar :D rite? just like those poor QC gibson will start to get bad sales due to being a lousier guitar then those built by them before!

leofoo15, go with your instinct man :D

yah its made by the SGH repair guy...i think he is one of the boss at Sinamex??

anyway the staff at Sinamex is very frenly...they just want you to try out all their guitars...Taylors S&P and the Timothy, whether or not u buy them.

Thumbs up to Sinamex.

ok guys on hindsight, seems inappropriate to be praising a competitor's service to maestro.

but still i meant every word in that Teck and Hozen at Maestro Peninsula are realli frenly. And I can feel too that they do want you to try all the guitars available at Maestro.

I am browsing around soft forum and saw those pix of Maestro workshop...wat words can i describe them...professional, well-equipped, put-guitar-owners-mind-at-rest when gear is sent in for repair.

and thats realli what a up and coming brand name is doing right...marketing and publicity...Maestro guys you sure know your business stuff, on top of the professional job in each guitar making.

and last but not least...i am drolling on your custom series =)

digging an old thread

isn't CD2 mahogany instead of rosewood?
btw does CD1 and 2 come with cutaway options? any up charge?

Yes the CD2 is Mahogony. At the moment we are left with only 1 piece available with B-Band + Cutaway. Its back at our factory. Also we have 1 piece with No Cutaway at our excelsior outlet.

Back