Loudness or X Japan ?

sLapshock

Both are really good band. Although i prefer X Japan songs. X Japan didnt successfully breakthrough the American market because of Toshi bad English and Loudness only Successfully breakthrough after Akira kick Minohara (Vocalist) because of his bad English and get Mike Vescera.

Loudness with Minoru Niihara on vox , always brings out the best in that band. X-Japan would pay tribute n respects to Loudness for paving the path in Heavy Metal music for Japan, since 1981. We can learn lots from both these 2 bands instead of choosing.

Akira Takasaki's backhand tapping technique [ala piano] is unique. :eek:

i agree to the second post. Minoru Nahara (their first vocalist) really rocks. I like their first vocal. When Mike Vescera joined, yes they get attention but i dont really quite like.

Still i prefer X Japan. Haha. Anyone heard of X Japan covering the song IN THE MIRROR in 1983? I got it .. the guitarist really play exactly.

sounds like i need to expand my listening repertoire. where to get X Japan? or no more in production? would like to give em a listen. cheers

I think its not really fair to compare both bands as they kinda play diff genre of rock/metal. As Loudness is leaning more to Heavy Metal whereas X Japan is more of Rock sounding band with pinch of Power Metal to it. But one things for sure both bands sure kick ass. :twisted:

X Japan's I Kill U is still one of the best song to jam if you wanna test a band's tightness :wink:

power metal is so.... shiok....

POWER!!!!!!!!

always makes me feel like wearing my gold Armor and bang my spear on my big metal shield....

ChanMin said:
power metal is so.... shiok....

POWER!!!!!!!!

always makes me feel like wearing my gold Armor and bang my spear on my big metal shield....

To slay the dragons and save the human souls from the evil wizard!

:twisted:

[start scene] lord of the rings grand scale fight scene humans versus Orcs
[play power metal] fight scene close up
[sad guitar solo ] humans losing..women and children dying...
[song picks up again ] calvary flanks the orcs killing many..humans winning
[etheral keyboard solo ] slow motion scene of humans kicking orc butt...
[final chorus] scene of children smiling.. man thrusting sword into the air and sea of people rejoice in their victory..
[ end scene ]

ChanMin said:

[start scene] lord of the rings grand scale fight scene humans versus Orcs
[play power metal] fight scene close up
[sad guitar solo ] humans losing..women and children dying...
[song picks up again ] calvary flanks the orcs killing many..humans winning
[etheral keyboard solo ] slow motion scene of humans kicking orc butt...
[final chorus] scene of children smiling.. man thrusting sword into the air and sea of people rejoice in their victory..
[ end scene ]

LMAO!!!! :lol:

I sense much "Power" in u...

haha thanks..great guitar playing by the way .. .watched you guys play at battle of the bands... your keyboardist is adora right?...

sounds like i need to expand my listening repertoire. where to get X Japan? or no more in production? would like to give em a listen. cheers

I think CD Rama stocks X JAPAN - The Last Live. Although X was around for 15 years they only released 4 albums in their entire career. You can get them from HMV or order if they're out of stock. Alternatively, try downloading from Bit Torrent, but such a great band is worthy of support...

ChanMin said:
haha thanks..great guitar playing by the way .. .watched you guys play at battle of the bands... your keyboardist is adora right?...

Hehe.. Thnx.. Yup, Adora's our keyboardist. Hmm... she seems to be very popular ah.. Haha...

I can always recall Loudness' lyrc that goes "Just a victim of circumstance"! Probably the clearest articulated japanese vocals ever heh. But X Japan still pleases me more melody wise and for their more varied style. Loudness reminds me more of straightforward 80's rock.

Yea, but Akira Takasaki is simply amazing...he blows many Western virtuosos out of the water...if not for his songwriting then for his unbelievable technique.

songwriting talent win over skill.

in my opinion i dont find that skill is something that only people with special ability can do, who cannot play akira takasaki? who cannot play like michael angelo? paul girbert? steve vai? jimi hendrix? everyone can provided that you put up extra practice!

songwriting is different, you cannot write a song like beethoven does!

yoshiki is a good drummer, nobody played like "the way" he play, but i think most drummer out there can play like yoshiki, some are better. but yoshiki songwriting is incredible! he use a simple chords and note, but the way he arrange make it a very very incredible song to play.

maybe i am contradicting, but thats what i think.

haha beethoven..i'm sure no one would have any grounds to say Beethoven was a lousy composer...

ever notice that classical composers almost never get criticised??
*just a random thought*

Latest posts

Back