looking for cheap mp3 player

ChanMin said:
ok personally i got both the shuffle and the nano.

the shuffle is good! great sound quality... ( ofcourse 160kbps and above )
i know some one selling 512 if you interested. got pros and cons...
pros being design , innovative concept (shuffle) , long battery life.
cons being lack of screen , apple products come with alot of cool and fancy accessories.. which will suck your $$ dry.

Nano not only looks good it works very well too!... sound quality is very good as well... it can go VERY loud.

the stock apple ear phones suck ass...

if you want GOOD sound from headphones.
try the GRADOS SR-60. they cost $120. price never change for last 5 yrs i think. VERY VERY VERY good headphones. only problem is open can design. sound leaks out...will disturb other ppl.
indoor - aural pleasure --> grados
outdoor - overall good sound --->sennheisser PX200

WAu.. But do people prefer Ipod to Creative?? What is the pros and cons of a Creative Micro Zen??

the main thing about the shuffle is..
its job is to shuffle?
to play your songs in a random order...

so the lack of screeen etc is justifiable...

ipodnano.jpg

if you wanna choose your songs etc.. get the nano... its a ipod photo the size of a box of chicklets.

the ipod nano is a reli gd buy. Small, sleek, cool, color screen, n 4gb is enuff for a normal human being man. An ipod nano is all u need.

moggie_54 said:
ChanMin said:
ok personally i got both the shuffle and the nano.

the shuffle is good! great sound quality... ( ofcourse 160kbps and above )
i know some one selling 512 if you interested. got pros and cons...
pros being design , innovative concept (shuffle) , long battery life.
cons being lack of screen , apple products come with alot of cool and fancy accessories.. which will suck your $$ dry.

Nano not only looks good it works very well too!... sound quality is very good as well... it can go VERY loud.

the stock apple ear phones suck ass...

if you want GOOD sound from headphones.
try the GRADOS SR-60. they cost $120. price never change for last 5 yrs i think. VERY VERY VERY good headphones. only problem is open can design. sound leaks out...will disturb other ppl.
indoor - aural pleasure --> grados
outdoor - overall good sound --->sennheisser PX200

WAu.. But do people prefer Ipod to Creative?? What is the pros and cons of a Creative Micro Zen??

A creative micro zen actually has more feature than that of a Ipod, but people still prefer Ipod because of it s cool factor. My sis had a creative mp3 player, and only after a few months she bought it the software spoil and have to go down to the service center to fix it. She has now switched to a Ipod shuffle.

iamsoft said:
the ipod nano is a reli gd buy. Small, sleek, cool, color screen, n 4gb is enuff for a normal human being man. An ipod nano is all u need.

not true, I rely on a 30GB mp3 player (Creative Zen NX to be exact), already filled up 10GB :oops:
I'm thinking of going over to the dark side and getting an ipod soon though. With the nano out, prices for normal ipods should prolly be falling soon. U2 edition Ipod here I come lol. :lol:

Actually one doesnt need tons of music on the go. Ye tellin me ye gonna listen ta all 30 ta 60 gigs in one day? I dont think so man. Itz just the human psychology. U just want more n more for nothing. Actually a 1000 song slot is gd enough man. And iPod is easy to use just plug in to yer mac pc or laptop n u can organise ur music. iPod Nano is also incredibly small in size. So u have a very thin n easy ta carry ard mp3 with ard a 1000 songs in it. Sounds gd to me.

yup.. im currently using my nano for music and pictures...

it also has stuff like stop watch... calender..contact list... etc..

well not slamming creative or anything... but personally i just prefer mac stuff... a big factor being the brilliant mix of design and functionality... mac products have an inherent hold over my attention.

if i were to buy a creative. why not a panasonic? samsung? iriver? sony mp3 player? they are all good players? not losing out in functions or battery lifespan some look pretty good too.

the difference for me is that all the other market competitors just isnt apple-ish.

mac power.

Though im a brit-over-usa guy, i have to give credit to the americans for Apple. Though i do not have a mac at hm, i hav used one b4 n i also used to have other apple stuff. Thumbs up to apple for iPod.

Hmm

You dont listen 30-60 gigs a day of cuz. The large space is for u to cramp in all ya songs & playlists, then slowly hear em' 1 by 1 over a few weeks. You can add songs in as & when you want. If your mp3 HDD is small, then u might hafta take out certain songs to fit in others & u might not enjoy all of em' in 1 go. That's my take :)

I love Ipod design, but too bad, no FM Radio. :(

i like my mp3 player..its brandless..or rather,has a brand but its not well-known..haha!
bought it at sim lim last yr, 512mb - $135? around there.. prices shouldve dropped wayy more now..
mine has radio and voice recorder. :)

Hmm.. about brandless brand.. They do not last long as I have experience once before.. Well.. you get for what you pay for.. 8)

i think it depends on which brandless one u get and how well u take care of it. same goes for every other brand.. :D

but then again,personal preference and it also depends on what you're looking for. whether you wanna carry a jukebox around or u just wanna listen to some tunes on the bus and whether or not u need the other functions.

i like mine coz its also a thumbdrive and i can record lectures.

Back