looking for cheap mp3 player

buy some nice audio technica headphones.. i got mine for $50 - never regret gettin it.. worth every cent.

if u want cheap, don't go into ipod, creative nor iriver...

just go with some cheaper brands like err... let me think real hard... akia? was it? or some cheap and reliable 1 la...

simlim is a good place to check out... if u want cheap mp3's don't go for hd or mini hd ones... cuz if its cheapness, the quality of the hd might not be reliable... just go for the conventional flash type instead... more hardy

The worst thing abt my ipod mini is...the earphones. 2 died so far & now i had to purchase a new 1 couldnt get a replacement. Gone r my 70 bucks. Bt one gd thing is, the boost of the volume. iPod really can blast ur ears up..u can c the difference between iPod & other mp3 players when u plug in to an external speaker n max up the volume.

dhalif said:
buy some nice audio technica headphones.. i got mine for $50 - never regret gettin it.. worth every cent.
The white ons izzit? Same here? Last me more than a year already... the stoppers and screws are all worn out. But the sound quality sure is good man... my cd player is already on full volume, ears are getting damaged. :lol:

yup i saw some brandless mp3 player at sim lim square recently ... quite cheap oso....tempted to buy but wondered if there is any flaw in them..

you should have gone to comex, the IT fair at suntec a few weeks ago, i got an i-river usually worth around $438 for only $139. 256mb and it can store pictures, has line in and microphone recording, pretty useful and a very good bargain.

wangdexian said:
dhalif said:
The white ons izzit? Same here? Last me more than a year already... the stoppers and screws are all worn out. But the sound quality sure is good man... my cd player is already on full volume, ears are getting damaged. :lol:

what brand is audio technica?? Haven't heard it before.. 8)

u shud chk the paper regularly to see ads by safe supersotere. they always haf cheap offers for mp3 players, mostly under 80. i bought one recently. its nt bad. looks quite gd too. 256mb for $68. got fm tuner, line in recording. bt no playlist function though

im looking for those small, thumbdrive-like mp3 player. my budget is ard $100. memory wise, i dont mind 512mb or 256mb. any brand will do, as long as the mp3 player dont have much problems.

i went to funan recently, did some sight seeing on mp3 players. saw the new ipod nano. its incredibly slim. the 2gb one was ard $300 plus. anyway, i was considering of getting an ipod shuffle. anyone owns an ipod shuffle, and if so, would you care to share ur opinion on it? btw the selling price of an ipod shuffle in funan was ard the range of $180.

Most buyers i have had encounters with didn't have any complaints. Just tht some regret buying it n saying stuff like they could save up a lil more n get the ipod mini, or in this case, ipod nano. Itz just the quality of being an apple product tht makes it great. Actually it aint no big deal. Bt for me itz just personal y im against ipod shuffle wont go into tht. If ur looking for ard 200 bucks range just get any other brand with a 256 or 512 slot. Bt ofcourse if u prefer apple then go ahead. Afterall itz just hours of nonstop music just tht u wont have any idea of any track info.

ok personally i got both the shuffle and the nano.

the shuffle is good! great sound quality... ( ofcourse 160kbps and above )
i know some one selling 512 if you interested. got pros and cons...
pros being design , innovative concept (shuffle) , long battery life.
cons being lack of screen , apple products come with alot of cool and fancy accessories.. which will suck your $$ dry.

Nano not only looks good it works very well too!... sound quality is very good as well... it can go VERY loud.

the stock apple ear phones suck ass...

if you want GOOD sound from headphones.
try the GRADOS SR-60. they cost $120. price never change for last 5 yrs i think. VERY VERY VERY good headphones. only problem is open can design. sound leaks out...will disturb other ppl.
indoor - aural pleasure --> grados
outdoor - overall good sound --->sennheisser PX200

iRiver

One more general thing abt Ipod is that it requires you to haf either a WinXP or Win2k OS with Service Pack installed.

I used to own the Ipod Shuffle 512 & whenever I try to browse for a song, I often have to scroll thru a tonne of them b4 getting to the right one. No lcd screen or playlist organizer, no doubt the sound quality stil remains.

I'd suggest iRiver H-10 if u r gonna invest in a superb all-in-1 mp3 player.

Back