Line6 DL4 Delay Modeler

aaroncheong

Hi guys. I am planning to get a Line6 DL4 Delay and would like some views ad advices on it. I saw on websites that it is not that reliable, constantly breaking down and stuff. Have any of you guys experience this?

I see this as an excellent unit for home recording and projects. Not sure about live though. Might need some getting used to. Regarding the price, its a little steep, but as expected from line6 products, it gets the job done.

Hmmm... well, if you are on a budget, you can always try the Ibanez DE7. I use it and its very good sounding for its prices of around $180 LIST at Swee Lee.

the reliability of it is not as horrible as what most "read" from forum. It will depend on the way how it is being subjected to using. I had one close to 5 years and it's still working fine.

The most common complain is with the footswitch failing. In some cases, it is just a matter of opening up the pedal, doing some cleaning and realignment of the area of contact in order for it to work fine again. It's nothing difficult or requires any techincal knowledge at all....

The dl4 has got more than enough functions and with the looper, you will find lots of fun with it. Tone wise, its a delay pedal and it get the job done.

Imho, if you want a dl4, go get a dl4.

i have one and aside from the fact that it went crazy on me once,(jumping lights which cost me $35 to repair)its pretty fun to play around with especially if ur into the experimental sounds delays can give..good variety of stomp available and the sounds are great..

Back