Line 6 Variax 600

i've got 1, wanted to write a review abt it, but its bloody long and the tones are endless with the workbench software

freakin amazing stuff

but many shun it because its digital

i'll juz list down the pros and cons

+ve
-shit load of tones, 60 in total
-alternate tunings, without having to reach for a tuner
-freakin silent, i maxed out mi gain, and pointed mi guitar str8 into mi amp, ZERO feedback
-did i mention freakin silent? single coil models don't pickup 50 cycle hum

-ve
-sucks batteries like a starving vampire, if not you can use the bundled powersupply
-crappy nut, possibly bridge too, doesn't stay in tune, so i blocked mine
-ZERO feedback, i kinda missed it, so gettin another guitar for the feedback =)

hey umm..pretty interested in variax guitar..

doing mostly guitar recording.. so was thinking that since variax guitar seems to be so digital..does that mean its more suitable for recording use?

or when it comes to recording, this guitar doesn't really show that much difference from a normal guitar?

interested cuz it has a balanced XLR output and like u said..totally zero feedback..
but the batteries part turns me off...haaaiii..

That ain't a guitar! That's a computer built into something shaped almost like a guitar!
Ooops.. Sorry.. Couldn't resist that! :mrgreen:
Don't you find the lack of pickups a bit awkward?

well..hahaha..sometimes people do need to look for things that appear unique and different.hahha..that makes it coooool!!

+ve

some really nice tones in there especially the les paul
Instant switching of models especially changing to acoustic
works seamlessly with a pod xtlive

negative

Little difference between models when placed between medium to heavy gain (part of the main reason i sold it)
Always having to bring around the power supply/switch box.
No high gain pups to choose from in workshop
Palm mutes do not sound natural (personal opinion some people do and some people don't)

Additional comments:
Never had a problem with the bridge. Just have it set up properly and it should stay in tune well. Had mine set up to float freely. Just remember this is not a FLOYD! Any excessive dive bombs whammying will definitely caause the strings to go out of tune.

oh yar a couple more things...

+ve
sounds freaking awesome through an x3 live

-ve
* the volume difference between the models is quite obvious, e.g. volume drop from single coil to humbucker

* the volume of all the models overall is high, its twice the output of asquier strat with a lace sensor blue in the bridge, and it causes my clean settings to clip on my zoom pedal

+ve/-ve
* when using the workbench software, if you put your pickup on the neck(literally on the neck) say on the 19th fret, frets 20-22 sound like dead frets, in your face for realism!!!

-ve
* the volume difference between the models is quite obvious, e.g. volume drop from single coil to humbucker

Isn't it supposed to be like that? Single coils are meant to have a lower output..
Even when you coil tap your guitar, the moment the coil is split, the volume would noticeably drop..

yar i noe, but gotta create a completely new patch for the difference in output, mi driven patches don't drive enough when changing from humbucker to single coil, and my clean patches clip when changing from single coil to humbuckers

anw all this can be solved by boosting or cuttin the volume of the GUITAR patches through the variax workbench software

Say yay for ultra realism! Haha my real guitar has a total of 13 tones cuz of a 5 way switch and 2 push pull... But that's just 20% of the variax... =) But got feed back!!!

Back