Keeley MT-2 Mod and BD-2 Phat Mod

As for my Keeley SD-1.. I'm loving it! Lying somewhere between the tubescreamers and other distortion pedals.. This baby sings.. Crank the gain up, and apply a little vibrato and you get loads of sustain on the brink of breaking into different overtones.. and the germanium transistor in the SD-1 ... is an acquired taste.. Drools.

Oh shit!!! I missed that one! Thanks for the heads up man! That counds like my Keeley creamtone gap filler!:mrgreen:

Maybe you could get a SD1 & look for Randolf. He might give you some tips on your custom mod rather than getting Keeley, which is expensive.

Just my .2cents. hehe

Haha i had a keeley modded mt2...while it rawked alot over the stock version....it still had that plik plik plik kind of fakeness to the sound that i couldnt get rid off. For fast lead playing i just dint like that and there was no way i could eq this characteristic out....it is the heart of the sound of an mt2. ohwells. off it went.

whitestrat, if you ever intend to sell your keeley ds-1....pm me yeah. Thinking of using to push my seventheaven for a different kinda dirty grit flavour. I've heard a modded ds1 pushing an amp's drive at Beez's shop recently...and while i never cared for one used into a clean amp, i must say im falling in love with that sound once more! :D

Oh shit!!! I missed that one! Thanks for the heads up man! That counds like my Keeley creamtone gap filler!:mrgreen:

For sure sir! Got to share the love right? Feel free to PM me if you'd like to check it out before you spend too much on it. Cheers! ;)

just a question here.. seems the keely ds1 isnt totally favoured as a main drive, however i absolutely love the sounds i hear from proguitarshop's demo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJWy7W6FBwA&feature=related

can someone who owns it say whether it sounds exactly like this? even on single coils. i need something like this now, a med gain drive, transparent yet not a ts type, sorry for hijacking but i never thought id look at boss mods til i heard them for myself for the first time!

i need something like this now, a med gain drive, transparent yet not a ts type, sorry for hijacking but i never thought id look at boss mods til i heard them for myself for the first time!

Can't hear the clip. Vid is removed. But yes, it's transparent, and med gain. Needs to be stacked though, into a DIRTY channel. Definately not a standalone pedal.:mrgreen:

Well Keith C, perhaps u can try out beez's mod for the DS1, own one and i must say its not much different if not the same as the keeley ultra mod imo for alot lesser. Alot of local modders have great mods for the DS1 as well so try them out before forking out $ for the keeley mod (which is great, but just too pricy). Cheers.

If i remembered correctly it's $150 or less, that includes a new pedal with the mod. Apparently he offers 2 kinds of DS1 mod and the one that is similar to the ultra mod cost slightly more, hmmmm i think the mod alone shld be $40~50 cause the DS1 cost like $100 or slightly less new? Best is give beez a call an he will give u the details, cheers!

Well i have not A/B it with the keeley ultra mod per se, but after listening to all the sound clips on the keeley website, i was able to dial in pretty much the same tone from the beez mod DS1.

For sure sir! Got to share the love right? Feel free to PM me if you'd like to check it out before you spend too much on it. Cheers! ;)

Hey man, THANKS for the heads up on this one. I just got it in... I LOVE IT!!! It's my portable tube amp drive emulator!!!! Makes me sound like... (dare I say it...) JOHN MAYER!!!

Pairing this with the Keeley DS-1... wah zans!!!! Shioks ah! It's Eric Johnson territory!

But I've discovered something... The BD2 doesn't stack well with anything. It's nicer on it's own, whether into a clean channel, or a dirty channel. The DS1 + SD1 on the other hand... Heheheheh...

Thanks again man!!!!:D

P.S. They're Ge diodes. Not Ge transistors...;)

Last edited:
Hey Whitestrat.. With all this Keeley love, you don't intend to check out the Keeley RAT? It's an excellent pedal! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back