john frusciante!!

definitely one of the greatest musicians of all time. i find his solo work even better than rhcp stuff, fkin love shadows and people collide. i was so damn pissed when i couldnt find the empyrean in singapore, had to ebay it lol. the more i listen to his songs, i realize how far away i am from his level of understanding and complexity of music. A lot of people don't get his music though, most play music for the wrong reason and dont understand the purpose of music is to convey emotion other than showing off ur finger gymnastics skills.

Last edited:
if I'm not wrong, recently john was name the axe factor (rank 1st for the greatest guitarist for the past 30 years). His one dude that emphasis emotion & melody rather than just showing off how good and fast you are on the guitar. What makes him better is that his super humble and eccentric. In one of the interview he mention whenever he listen to a guitar solo he would ran off to the toilet to jerk off.
i love his solo work too, is more than just guitar playing and people jamming, there is so much emotions or like what you say complexity.

is sad that his 2 earlier albums, Niandra lades and usually just a t-shirt & smile from the streets you hold are no longer available in the market, their probably one of the better albums out there. Btw do you know there are 4 albums that are related to each other that leads to the final album call Empyrean? As for Empyrean & Stadium Arcadium i believe John have already reach a level of understanding of the guitar that no one have ever reach.

but is pretty sad that he have quit RHCP just love his live performance especially for Dont Forget Me @ Slane Castle. Do check out Psychedelic Sexfunk Live From Heaven!

as a big fan of john, this is probably one of the better thread around :p

Last edited:
Yeah Niandra Lades and Smile from the Streets You Hold are really amazing albums, indeed. Frusciante is definitely one of my favourite singer-songwriters.

Frusciante joined the Red Hot Chili Peppers at eighteen, first appearing on the band's 1989 album Mother's Milk. The group's follow-up album, Blood Sugar Sex Magik (1991), was a breakthrough success. However, he was overwhelmed by the band's new popularity and quit in 1992. He became a recluse and entered a long period of drug and heroin addiction, during which he released his first recordings: Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt (1994) and then Smile from the Streets You Hold (1997)

he is one of my favorite guitarist ,,

فيديو

Latest posts

Back