john frusciante!!

echoist said:
hmmmm... this is out of topic too, but i'm curious.

do you guys notice his tatoos during the Mothersmilk/Blood Sugar Sex Magik era? when i watched the Slane Castle DVD there is apparently no tatoos visible. only scars... anyone have any info/stories to tell abt that?

i'm very curious...

heard that after he left rhcp in the 90s, he went down in a downward spiral, where he was homeless and dabbled in drugs. Those scars are apparently infections caused due to his unhygenic living conditions when he was drifting...Glad that Flea called him back to the rhcp, otherwise he could have died.

Like him alot too, especially Under the Bridge, Universally Speaking. He has very rich harmony vocals too.

hi Mobius & psyence,

thnx for the info and articles you guys shared. i know of the time he goes "downhill" bcos of heroin abuse, but reading the article, u can actually "feel" how bad that is... i'm actually very glad that he came back to RHCP, if not, we would have lost another great musician...

remember Hilel Slovak? one of RHCP original guitarists. he died of heroin ovedose. love the stuff he played in "Uplift Mofo Party Plan."

DeathCubeK said:
Yeah john really plays with feeling ... Compared to shredders, he's better if you ask me ...

yupz yupz!!! i hate shredder..sorry bro :oops: ..its just i lyk the way john play n his feels...!!!

hifi_killer said:
the scar tissue guitar solo john played at slane castle was really one of the best ones i heard. Hes a big part of my influences.. Been listening to alot of rhcp live stuff lately.
Some of his improvisations were awesome, but some were not. Sometimes you can clearly notice that he tripped over a note, or that he's out of timing during some live songs, but well he's only human.

any idea how he get his tone? its damn hard get it on my les paul.

have listen the slane castle live for more than 100 times!!always before jamming, i will always play on the one of the song..fav is the scar tissue intro...the one they play after by the way..Woww!!!

Re: Hmm

neuro182 said:
slim_rez1: haf u tried their Rock in Rio live videos?
hmm yup, i only watch the zephyr song...i luv the last part solo...n also he can play it while singing,,,that song quite complicated to play while singing..

neway RHCP is my inspiration

Hee

Oic. I tink I got some more of their videos. Maybe I'll see if I can upload some rare bootlegs for ya'll :)

john frusciante is a true artist and genius..
his songwriting, everythign, just amazes me.
i love his recent acoustic album "curtains".
so pure, raw, emotional, beautiful...

perhaps frusciante's view on music is focused more on the big picture, rather than the notes of the guitar solo? his "sloppiness" is very unique.. in his earlier days with the chili peppers (mother's milk era) he utilized his killer technique,, but now i guess he was chosen not to use it much, rather focusing on soundscapes etc..?

innovative guy!..

Hee

thanx for the webbie.. ill go check out my collections for the Rock in Rio, see if i still haf them with me ;)

Latest posts

Back