john frusciante!!

love him sooooo much!!! especially his stuff in Blood Sugar Sex Magik... its sooooo delicious magik!!!

gg

yeah..u guys watched the concert live in slane before?? :?: wow!! that concert must be the best concert in the world...!! john is so style..i luv is solo..its all impromtu..he is my inspiration

another DVD u should check out is the RHCP Funky Monks DVD. it documents the period when they were recording Blood Sugar Sex Magik. interesting stuff going on...

Re: gg

slim_rez1 said:
yeah..u guys watched the concert live in slane before?? :?: wow!! that concert must be the best concert in the world...!! john is so style..i luv is solo..its all impromtu..he is my inspiration

yes, n he's the coolest! i never knew one can look that cool slinging a vintage sunburst strat so low!

I dunno guys, but I watched the live concert, a couple of songs... I think I was just turned off but his playing and solo of the Zephyre (sp) Song.

It was the most out of tune solo I have ever heard...

I couldn't watch anything else after that.

Hee

Most of RHCP's live show I've watched, John usually does a improvisation to his solo which is cool.. I love "Around the World" where he & Flea go all crazy with their guitars!! Maybe we shud start a thread of Flea as well :)

Re: Hee

neuro182 said:
Most of RHCP's live show I've watched, John usually does a improvisation to his solo which is cool.. I love "Around the World" where he & Flea go all crazy with their guitars!! Maybe we shud start a thread of Flea as well :)

yeah flea is damn not shy guy on stage...he luv to move ard while slapping his bass...so far, red hot chilli pepper is the most respected band..their technical stuff is gud!!! 8O :D

Hmm

Flea got a solo song entitled "Throw away your television" if im not wrong. Wonder if anybody has seen it?

There was a time when JohnF left RHCP and descended into druggie hell. Some european tv station went to his place to film him... Man... the drugs really wrecked his life then. Quite apparent to see his drugged out face and the nonsense that he's spewing. U can dl the video from here

http://jftab.free.fr/

Thank god he's reborn. Whatever it is... DON'T DO DRUGS!!!

hmmmm... this is out of topic too, but i'm curious.

do you guys notice his tatoos during the Mothersmilk/Blood Sugar Sex Magik era? when i watched the Slane Castle DVD there is apparently no tatoos visible. only scars... anyone have any info/stories to tell abt that?

i'm very curious...

Re: ..

rottenramone said:
There was a time when JohnF left RHCP and descended into druggie hell. Some european tv station went to his place to film him... Man... the drugs really wrecked his life then. Quite apparent to see his drugged out face and the nonsense that he's spewing. U can dl the video from here

http://jftab.free.fr/

Thank god he's reborn. Whatever it is... DON'T DO DRUGS!!!

hmmm ya..when he left, dave navaro came in...after my john cured fully...he's back with his 'californication' album n 'by the way' i luv all his new songs in the album...

u guys noe that he got his own album?>?? wow, the songs r all touching :cry:

the scar tissue guitar solo john played at slane castle was really one of the best ones i heard. Hes a big part of my influences.. Been listening to alot of rhcp live stuff lately.
Some of his improvisations were awesome, but some were not. Sometimes you can clearly notice that he tripped over a note, or that he's out of timing during some live songs, but well he's only human.

any idea how he get his tone? its damn hard get it on my les paul.

ShredCow said:
I dunno guys, but I watched the live concert, a couple of songs... I think I was just turned off but his playing and solo of the Zephyre (sp) Song.

It was the most out of tune solo I have ever heard...

I couldn't watch anything else after that.

maybe its just ur pair of ears..
i tink its fine..
me not turned off by his solo..

yeah he's cool...
IMO he played better during his younger years

echoist said:
hmmmm... this is out of topic too, but i'm curious.

do you guys notice his tatoos during the Mothersmilk/Blood Sugar Sex Magik era? when i watched the Slane Castle DVD there is apparently no tatoos visible. only scars... anyone have any info/stories to tell abt that?

i'm very curious...

here's a link to what happened to him during the time he was out of the peppers
http://www.members.tripod.com/~thedees/johnarti.html

also here's a link that i believe was posted before, an interview with the man himself in a guitar magazine, there's also pics of his stage rig
http://www.apvo17.dsl.pipex.com/Guitarist June '03.htm

Latest posts

Back