Jamming Studio Suggestions! Desperate...

GrimBrody said:
the aljunied BMC guy has done that before to my old project band.

may that shop close down! :evil:

jamming there once.. the bloody PA system not on what... i go on only.. the uncle stare stare.. knnnnn.. i stared back lucky never got into a fight :twisted:

ash said:
By the way, Ann Studios have closed down...so sad...had so much memories left behind there...

Wow, that's something I didn't know. Anyone have the scoop??? Ann is an old bird in the studio business.

Anyway, BMC aljunied should be respected in every sense. They have being in the business for more than 10yrs (maybe close to 20 already). You have to understand, they are running a business, so they will have a policy to maintain their equipment properly.

How would you like it if you open a studio and you don't care about how your equipments is treated. Replacing broken cymbals, sticks, skins, PA system speakers frequently, will burn a hole in your pocket. Furthermore your equipment will be in poor condition, and the better customers won't want to come anymore, only those who anyhow wack and trash will come. End up you have little customers, and your things are always broken. You close shop very soon.

I run a studio, so I know what customers do most damage, believe me, you might be surprised you will likely be on the list.

I have seen 2pcs band who do more damage than a 5pcs seasoned death metal band.

So please understand the studio owners position.

Thus I try to explain first to customers who falls into this category. If they don't listen, then it's too bad, they go, would you want these kind of customers yourself??

Err...aren't we way off the intended purpose of this thread?

Anyway, anymore suggestions softies? With contacts or maybe with website for easier reference?

Thanks alot guys...

Hmmmm.... your first post did said about being ousted from wee lee studio. And the tread progresses with the similar theme, so I do not think we are off topic.

Anyway, we are just trying to help you find out what is the possible causes, and could help you understand better. So when you find your next regular studio, you will know how to behave and play properly, so you can stay with that studio regularly.

Studios are everywhere, it's not tough to find a regular place, just a matter of staying there for long.

Wee Lee actions are not baseless, he is still doing well. So who is more affected??

Maybe you should try Seng Chai at Jurong East Central, or Alvron at Bukit Timah (near beauty world)........ hahaha

mikemann said:
Hmmmm.... your first post did said about being ousted from wee lee studio. And the tread progresses with the similar theme, so I do not think we are off topic.

Oh..that's how you view it...no wonder... 8)

This was what i had in mind when i posted what i posted. I stated that we were "kicked" out because we were too "loud" so that i'd get replies that would suggest studios that can tolerate our "loudness".(trust me we're not rebels or whatever, we did lower down our volume. but he still didnt want us to come back) we're just looking for studios that we can go to, to jam at our normal volumes and at the same time not piss anyone off...I really appreciate your concern! i think your interpretation is different cos you own a studio and you're like way older than i am...

Yup he (wee lee) is still doing well...good for him...who is more affected? WE ARE!! that is the main reason why we are looking for rockable studios... :cry:

So please help us out softies! really really appreciate it! :wink:

Ashik
3dash1

last time i was at Wee Lee Aljunied i told myself i wasn't going back. Double pedals were DW4000 and very badly worn out. Spring tension isn't OEM, and shoddy repair work. Drums aren't tuned (which is understandable since lotsa drummers mess with the tuning) and cymbals... just didn't sound good.

back then i was just elated at the thought of being able to jam. I preferred their Serangoon studio more since the stuff is newer, but their customer service just isn't very appealing.

After visiting, Beat Merchants, Velvet, Guitar77 (especially Guitar77!), Soundmix, and seeing pictures of Fourtones studio... you can see what a huge difference there is in terms of equipment quality. Iron Cobras, nicely tuned sets, Sabian cymbals... woo hoo!

Plus did u notice how distracting studios with a huge glass panel can be when people walk pass? There's always the urge to cut practice and play something for the crowd. Ego-thing i guess...

anyone agrees?

sanXp said:
So jam 2 hours get 2 hours free?

Yes, jam 2 hrs get 2 hrs free. Every hour you buy is entitled to a corresponding free hour la. No limits. Promo till end of July.

ash said:
Oh..that's how you view it...no wonder...

Dude..... Gd music are not always meant to be played loud!!!! Volume wise..... I crank up my volume on amps at wee lee to 2 MAX!!!! the Eq's are way over 5 and thats already loud!!! Remember.... Your not using a 10 watt amp to jam dude..... Control ya volume man..... Amp speakers are Ex to replace......

hahaha go to the weelee at serangoon! my band's a regular there and we dont really have any problems. quite a good rapport with the uncles too! and we've had bad experience with the aljunied one too after going there once, never went back there again. lol. yup. and the serangoon weelee has a 10-dollar room. quite cheap la. and has decent equipments. and ur typical 14 buck one. yup.

this is for Alvron studio. there are 3 studios in there.

price rates are at 8 dollars/ HALF hour at studio 1 and 2.
and 9 dollars/HALF hour at studio 3.

druing "Happy Hours" which is before 6pm, prices are minus 1 dollar per HALF hour...that means in studio 1 and 2, it's 7 dollars instead of 8 dollars for every HALF hour. yeah..

Studio 3 is the only room wif double paddles.
i only went 2 studio 2..and the bass drum was in a really terrible condition. the cymbals we terrible...the bass drum paddle was damn lose...very hard to play fast double strokes.. the hit hat is terrible... yup.
i'm gonna try studio 3 next week..i hope the double paddles dont suck that bad.

anyway..u can call up Alvron's studio at 64657939. it's located in bukit timah opposite beauty world...behind the stretch of road where there are lots of eating houses...have to walk up a slope till u see a temple...walk towards the temple...beside the temple there's a kopitiam...from the kopitiam walk furthur uphill and keep yours eyes peeled on the left side...don't miss the word ALVRON's STUDIO. I hope this thread helps.

~drummar buah~

heh i personally do not like alvron. esp because they charge 1 dollar for a pair of sticks that are in really bad condition. it sucks whenever i forget to bring my own. i try to avoid going to alvron. hahaha.

Yup...
i dun really like alvron too...

My personal fav is beat merchants, pretty decent instruments n i like the drumset there.

I think weelee at aljunied... instrument is pretty ok but i dun really like the uncles there..

Try wl @ serangoon, i like it there too....i always take the 2nd room. hmm if ure a drummer n dun mind paying more, the 18 dollar room, (bass drum is a killer) VERY GD!...moreever the uncles there is very friendly n nice ;)

when everywher else is full, n no other choice..my last resort is boons, the uncle there knows me well so everything is great except fer the fact that you cant really play underground music or hardcore watsoever 8)

Lombardo said:
Try wl @ serangoon, i like it there too....

haha yeah the 18 dollar room is really good as compared to all their other rooms. but if ur looking for budget rooms, go for the 10-dollar ones definitely. and i emphasize again, refrain from going to alvron. haha.

Back