iPhone is finally released

neuro182

Hi all,

apple-iphone.jpg

Finally, Apple officially release the iPhone is the States, as well as Europe, HongKong, Japan & Australia.

Singapore is scheduled for release some time in mid September if I am not wrong. Price should be @ $1k for the 8gb & $1.4k for th 16gb according to foreign forums. Do correct me on this if you have a more updated info.

For those who are interested, check here. More info, check here.

What are your views on this new technology phone? Pen down your views and share it with the community? What are the pros and cons? Are you willing to spend that much dough on such a device etc.

I personally own one, but it is the 2G model & I am loving it... Only complaint - the battery life not long enough to last through a couple of days unlike my prev nokia phone (maybe cuz of the apps running inside). I am totally enjoying it :) iPod & a Phone in one device... Shiok~

I heard SingTel is releasing it in SG first, with MioTV installed inside and the plan is gonna cost a bomb...

Yeah it'd be a great device once I flash it. By itself, nothing of a big deal a Windows Mobile-based HTC can't live up to. For the future, I'm looking at something like http://openmoko.com which will be significantly much cheaper than the flagship iPhone model (if Apple's pricing remains the same) :mrgreen:

i doubt the iphone's gonna be priced at over a thousand. seeing as it's going for 199USD. that's pretty ridiculous imo

199 USD :) is with the plan & the plan AT&T wants u to sign isn't exactly the kind of student plan u would expect :)

Imagine - how can an iPhone be cheaper than or equal price of the current iPod Touch? Does it make any sense @ all?

gutturalpiss: no illegal stuffs here... dun wanna get James into trouble...

I think SingTel selling $398 with plan for 8gb and $598 for 16gb with plan... and if I am not wrong here, you must sign a 3G plan with them for 24 months...

I heard 3G iphones are half the price of the normal ones? I got that info from the apple site.

Anyways, if the iphones in SG are gonna be over a thousand, i rather import and unlock it once some geeks do it. :D

Uhh..the kind of flashing I'm talking about is not illegal - you just don't get support. It's a device, it's hardware. After I purchase it, like I purchase a computer, I'm free to do anything to the device itself - like upload custom firmware and operating system. I'm not talking about unlocking or cracking the native platform.

Our local Apple fanboys have already done it. They've been importing and unlocking them for a while already: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/forumdisplay.php?f=240

PWN it: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1886306

The iphone will WONT be above 1000 bucks. im pretty sure about that

i read on some yahoo sg article when the iphone v2 was first released that it wont be much higher then the USD prices if you sign a contract with singtel.

niteblade :) of cuz the price wont be $1k if u sign SingTel 3G plan...

But... if u bother to do the maths for the 3G plans they offering over 24 months + the initial "cheap" price of the phone, you realized you are actually paying $1k+ for the iPhone itself...

SingTel is smart in reducing the damage per month for naive consumers like you to make you guys think that "okay its cheap if we sign plan, so might as well sign it & pay the monthly phone bills since I have been doing so."

Then, the paper document is ready and u sign it & behold, the damage on ur wallet begins!!

i don't get it, if i'm going to pay subscription for 24 months anyway, it's a free discount on the phone what. you are still subsribed under a plan, whether on contract or not

Back