Ibanez booth NAMM 2005

teleholic

Whatever happened to Ibanez?? For 2005, they made major changes to the prestige line of guitars..examples are many guitars having 5 pc maple/wenge or maple/walnut necks, prestige rgs having Dimarzio/IBZ pickups yet price increase, sig series totally unchanged but price increase, only good thing is a new line of RGs, totally souped up, look cool and reasonably affordable..i know a certain mr. sub would be VERY interested to expand his Ibanez collection.. 8)

man... i'm starting to GAS...

i'm definitely, eying the ash neck-thru RG, pointless buying another basswood unit...

many would frown upon the 5-piece neck decision but rest assured that these neck types are still very durable. also, some Prestige models are doing away with the Dimarzio-Ibz pickups which IMO is good & bad. good because those pickups aren't really Dimarzio calibre, bad because for the rest who wish not to do a pickup swap, they have to accept the default ibanez brand units, which are acquired tastes...

GAS not curable, i can't find anyone who was, really... :lol:

the ultra-shiny JS & JEM aren't about tone- the reason why i find them really repulsive... but credit goes to Ibanez for making some of the models this year extra-special. the fixed bridge RGA321 is another target of mine, i've been waiting for a good non-vibrato RG to make it to the Prestige line-up & it really happened 8)

P1010041.JPG

however, it's kinda disturbing that the prices this time round escalated & the new models feature so much flash rather than tone-inducing features. glitter RG? it's been done before- 1997...

exactly the model i've been eyeing too...looks like we have similar taste...i really dig the new smaller dot inlays but im not too sure about that gilbrater bridge...looks like a clunky piece of crap to me,they shouldve gone with a nice black tonepros stoptailpiece bridge or something...and a string-through body!

the Gibraltar bridge is a piece of work, really. the philosophy behind the conception was simple- no sharp edges. i had good results with the Gibraltar III in my Ibanez SZ, this version should be as rewarding 8) really torn between the ash-bodied 220 & this curved topped beauty...

woahh!!! love that 321!!! dun care bout the tone man hahahah if its affordable i can make it a good piece of furniture for my room 8)

Aw, an RG without the floyd hassle. Really appealing. Something has to be done to curb the ever growing GAS :(

lots of new things in store from Ibanez- i'm thoroughly impressed. there's concern with regards to the Prestige (selected models) now shifting production to Korea but if you've acquired 2003 Korean ibanez or later, you'd put your money on the koreans...

Latest posts

Back