IBANEZ: Discontinued models for 2005...

It's basically one of the most unreliable, if not the most unreliable floyd rose unit ever built. Using less superior materials to cut cost. In any case, these units have a reputation for not holding tuning well. So there you go. Just imagine gigging with that thing and having it run tuning on you.

Praetorian said:
pooo said:
And no JEM Jr. Thats about the only JEM I probably will ever be able to afford. Oh well. Hope they come up with a decent replacement.

When they do, IF they do, I hope they do away with that shit-assed Lo Trs. Sometimes trems like these really deter you from even the nice guitars. :evil:

and most importantly... HARDTAILS, forever!!!!!

Right on son. :lol:

wangdexian said:
Praetorian said:
pooo said:
And no JEM Jr. Thats about the only JEM I probably will ever be able to afford. Oh well. Hope they come up with a decent replacement.

When they do, IF they do, I hope they do away with that shit-assed Lo Trs. Sometimes trems like these really deter you from even the nice guitars. :evil:

and most importantly... HARDTAILS, forever!!!!!

Right on son. :lol:

+1 Hardtails are the way to go, man. IF you can live without making all those tricksy sounds on guitars. Like Vai.

+1 Great Tuning Stability too, which explains why I'm excited about Ibanez giving us some Prestige RGs with hardtails. :D

Somehow, the JEM-JR is still on the online catalouge, unlike the others.

strangely enough, my lotrs trem doesn't give me much tuning problems...when i divebomb the tuning holds pretty ok...maybe cos the guitar's rather old,maybe the trem 'settled in'?

You probably lucked out and got a better unit. All it took was to take the bar up and down vigourously, and subsequently the thing just shitted on me.

I don't dig hardtails so much, even though they are the ones that have the best tuning stability as compared to any form of trem system. Then again, i'd die without a trem :p

Vaiyen: Np man

i appreciate both. even though i don't whammy much on a vibrato equipped guitar, it gives a different feel to the picking hand, i prefer it to play really aggressive riffing.

the hard tail on the other hand gives a unique 'snap' tone for the bottom end. these are the reasons why i invest in both... 8)

Praetorian said:
But this is sad news indeed. And no JEM Jr..

There is nothing to sad about JEM JR discontinued. It is not much different from normal low end RGs but cost you more. Unless you are dying for a monkey grip. May be you should consider basic JEM 555.

Interestingly 2005 JEM 555 come with Edge Pro II bridge. Does anybody know pros and cons of Edge Pro II?

the Edge ProII is a satisfactory vibrato, however, some find it a bit stiff when in use. i like it because it features more rounded components, very comfortable for your picking hand placement. more importantly, the Edge pro/ II holds tuning well, unlike the TRS unit which was rightfully phased out.

Subby, I have heard rumours that your guitar collection rivals that of Swee Lee.

Just curious, man... exactly what gear do you own? :lol:

:smt118 gosh... that remains a myth of course...

if i keep all the guitars & basses i bought, i would've 20 in all (& 4 amps), but now i'm down to 13 (& 1 amp...) :smt039

Yeh well pooo you have approximately 4x the number of guitars I have. or is it 5x, 6x now?

I only have two. LOL. But good enough, for me.

PS
I'm just saying that to make me feel better about myself. :(

it's official: the thinnest neck profile by Ibanez, the Super Wizard make, is extinct (wef 2005)...

the thinnest neck on offer now is the Wizard, which is slightly thicker. next in line would be the Wizard II 8)

the Ultra neck, is also slightly thicker this 2005 than last year's incarnation by 0.5mm & it's wider too- by 5mm at the nut...

rg1550 is da bomb......seems like im popping up whenever 1550's mentioned hahaha......i just love it to death :twisted:

Latest posts

Back