IBANEZ: Discontinued models for 2005...

Formation of the Singapore Ibanez Prestige Players' Club looks a pretty good idea to get rid of your "itchiness" hahahah

the PGM300 is totally discontinued in US/ Euro, the Asian market will continue to see this guitar till end of this 2005. if you plan to buy, scout for one now, my sources told me there might not be any more in the next Ibanez shipment...

it seems that Paul Gilbert has approved of the vibrato equipped PGM300 to be struck off the shelf permanently. 8)

Well from what I know about PG, he never really liked vibrato in the first place.

He only included a vibrato because Ibanez told him it would sell better. Pffft.

I dont mind if the PGM300 is off the shelf. Only interested in the PGM301.

xklusivly4u said:
Praetorian said:
But this is sad news indeed. And no JEM Jr..

There is nothing to sad about JEM JR discontinued. It is not much different from normal low end RGs but cost you more. Unless you are dying for a monkey grip. May be you should consider basic JEM 555.

Interestingly 2005 JEM 555 come with Edge Pro II bridge. Does anybody know pros and cons of Edge Pro II?

How much is JEM JR and JEM 555 respectively?

popeye said:
How much is JEM JR and JEM 555 respectively?

Jem Jr is around $900, give and take $100, if memory serves.

Jem 555, I'm not too sure, but I imagine it's around $1,500 - $2,000

I really am not sure of the JEM555'd price, but yeah, I'm pretty confident about the JEM Jr.

Praetorian said:
Well from what I know about PG, he never really liked vibrato in the first place.

He only included a vibrato because Ibanez told him it would sell better. Pffft.

I dont mind if the PGM300 is off the shelf. Only interested in the PGM301.

It just looks best with a hardtail on. Simple, cool, effective, versatile design.

JEM 555 List price is 2500 S$, after discount it should be around 1800-2000 S$.
But I will buy Japanese Prestige with that money.

just my opinion- the 555 isn't worth it. it's out there to appeal visually to those who can't quite fund the JEM7. if you value tone & playability, the budget for a 555 could easily get you other models which would have a better re-sale value in addition to a more sensible spec.

yeah dont get the 555 la. this is coming from an ex-555 owner yours truly. the TRS gave me plenty problems. i'm not sure how much of an improvement the edge II is though.

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the Edge Pro and the Edge Pro II???

And subby, not to rush you or anything, but how's the CS780 review coming along?

Praetorian said:
Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the Edge Pro and the Edge Pro II???

And subby, not to rush you or anything, but how's the CS780 review coming along?

their basically the same with the exception of some extra metal at the saddles for the edge pro, which is supposed to increase sustain

jeremyrozario said:
their basically the same with the exception of some extra metal at the saddles for the edge pro, which is supposed to increase sustain

Emphasis on the "SUPPOSED", there. Ugh.

Anyhow, which is in your opinion better? Edge Pro for me :p

oh no here we go again :lol:

i'm quite incapable of intelligent comments on gear (and most other things). to put it simply, i'd say if you dont have the spare cash, dont touch one. it'd break your heart not to be able to bring it home. at least it happened to me :wink:

Latest posts

Back