Hull City

It does definitely, but it is too fast to make snap judgements. There is a difference between "things are supposed to turn out this way" as opposed to "things can possibly turn out this way".

Some of you guys are hanging on the former definition. Watch the match, have a beer and see how it will turn out to be :)

hull in now 3rd after being joint top of the league for a short time.

i think alot of people here are giving The New Paper standard views, which are rubbish.

Hull will run out of steam? of course. but so will every other team except the big four and man city. running out of steam is determined by the squad size and depth.

why are hull up there? because they win games. simple as that. if you are trying to suggest that they have the easiest early fixture list in the league, please elaborate. is it by luck or fluke? maybe. but nobody said that luck was not a part of football. i don't think teams win championships by being unlucky.

everybody knows that they won't be up there in may. the eventual champions will be taking points of the other title challengers, so it's obvious that they will take 6 points from hull.

but it doesn't matter. and hull still deserves alot of credit. it is basic logic that the primary objective of every newly promoted club is to stay in the premiership for a second season. this is because it takes at least 2 seasons of top flight football for there to be any cumulative effect on the club. even half a good season should be enough to ensure them that.

lack of cash? that is absolutely ridiculous. how much money does it take to run a club like hull? big money will not be invested in newly promoted clubs unless they can prove that not only are they able to break into the premiership, but stay in it.

will a heavy defeat destroy their morale? that's a dumb question to ask. but it is not realistic to believe that this is likely to happen. the advantage of being a small club is that they can be 'forgiven' for closing the shop when they play big teams both home and away. in actual fact, it is the middle clubs, who have bigger ambitions and hope to achieve them by attacking big teams while making themselves vulnerable, who are likely to get thrashings

It does definitely, but it is too fast to make snap judgements. There is a difference between "things are supposed to turn out this way" as opposed to "things can possibly turn out this way".

Some of you guys are hanging on the former definition. Watch the match, have a beer and see how it will turn out to be :)

beer is dangerous for my own preference.it kills people.
We'll see the next few games what could possibly happen to hull city" the wonder team.

woot

kudos for Hull City. the reason why they are up with the big four is that they had retain most of their promotion fight players around to help them. I think most of them have been playing for hull for at least 4 seasons, starting from league two.

they also had shrewd buys like marlon king, geovanni, zayatte and daniel cousin. Most of these shrewd buys scored more goals amongst them..

but what hull needs now is to win home games. so far they only won 2. their away form has been very scary. they have yet to lose away.

hull's weakness would be in the middle of the park. ian ashbee and george boateng are not that fast so i think if they meet rough teams like wat everton did to man united on saturday, they will have a hard time.

they have a good goal scoring form scoring 14 but conceded 11. last season derby county conceded 10 in 7 games.

they have yet to meet quality opposition other that Arsenal. their next games would be against chelsea at home before meeting Manchester United at Old Trafford. That would be a great great task to go against the giants of English Football. And also meeting the European Champions at their den wouldnt be a realishing task for a newly promoted team. Just ask West Brom.

Didn't Wigan beat Hull 4-0 or something? at Hull? and they are still going!

Kudos to them man, but it happens quite often in the Premier League, Reading did it, Wigan did it, it is a case of the unknown quantity, teams expect Hull to stick 10 men behind the ball and defend, when they don't do that and actually attack I think it catches the established teams off guard. Yes they are well organized also.

They will finish mid table, they have not got the squad to maintain this run. If they do, well fair play to them! Everyone expected them to finish bottom three and to do that they have to lose practically every game from now until the end of the season, not impossible but not likely.

I'd agree with most of ur views. I don't think i see a win for Hull at the KC, Scolari has a way of making his players bounce back from defeats. I'd be very careful if i were Scolari though............no amount of motivation is gonna work if they played like Arsenal did at the Emirates. Complacency has been the thing that has derailed countless title challengers, Liverpool did it 3 years in a row and they might just do it this year again. Hull deserve to be at the top, i think the 5-0 defeat by Wigan was just an anomaly. That being said, i don't think they will be this consistent by January, the true test of champions and good teams in general is consistency, grinding out results even when things go bad. They cld take a leaf outta Liverpool's books here, 3 years ina row that happened. I am not gonna diss Hull just because they're newly promoted, this season has really been the season of the underdogs. Teams like Spurs have dropped to rock bottom while teams like Hull and players like Amr Zaki rise to stardom. Phil Brown has got a good thing going at Hull and all the best to him, may he sustain this run of form. And sometimes, it helps being the underdogs because u can throw caution to the wind and attack like mad. This helps you to win games and for Hull, it has certainly worked.

P.s Liverpool fan here, but i may become a supporter of Hull very soon, lolz.

Looking at current situation, a draw would be good for Arsenal, LFC and MUFC fans since Hull and Chelski are in the top 4 range.

Beating Chelski would pull Hull's position up and thus, pulling some distance away from AFC, so I don't want to see that happening.

But yet again, I won't be surprized to see Hull prevailing against Chelski. Sorry Chelski fans...

Its at home.............and for Hull, that isn't very good news. Only 2 games have been won at home, their strength is in away games. They really need to find a way to wind up Bosingwa or Ashley Cole, so that either one of them gets sent off and Hull can assert their passing style without worrying abt losing possesion and letting the 2 fullbacks kill them on the flanks.

When in Korea? Drink SOJU!

Unfortunately, most younger generation Koreans here dun even like their own home made Soju *lol* The price is so dirt cheap now, it is equivalent to the price of Evian mineral water in SG.

As in the case of economics, demand drops and so people decreases to try to pull the demand curve up again :)

Back