How low do you go?

hofner said:
hmm..looks like Slash is gonna suffer in the future too....influnced by the sex pistols , even to his day , his les pual is crotch low....looks cool when he lifts it up and play...and trust me it isn;t fun to hold up a les paul and play.

I have yet to see people play the LP way up, think its gonna look cheesy. Around the waist is juz fine.

oh yeah, Tokai LP all the way up. Check out Robert fripp from king crimson. He played it all the way up and sittng on a stool somemore. Aint cool?? haha his style of music is way beyond all that looking cool....

ashmorefan said:
The-Warlord said:
Its not commonly known, but standing/sitting wrong while playing guitar is extremelty unhealthy. Your wrists should be straight (left hand) when you play, and your back as straight as possible. :!: :!: :!:

So how do you know if you're playing it the unhealthy way? Is it uncomfortable? I try to have it so that when I play, it's comfortable. I'm assuming that if I'm comfortable, and not hurting myself, I won't be doing any long term damage.

Just keep your back as straght as possible, as well as your wrists. You will probably find that either buying a footpedal for your left foot (if your a right handed guitarist) or holding the guitar inbetween your legs (the classical guitar way) will make this more comfortable and easier at first.

Latest posts

Back