help with drum terms

LOL let's organise a group shopping trip for drum gear after everyone's exams are over (do believe unwell and I are still schooling). we can drool over the Zildjians and the drumsticks and the Pearl and Tama and Yamaha kits...

drummerbuah--you blamed your poor dog? lol poor doggy. haha I've been using an old chair with a cushioned seat as a practice pad, and old mouse pads. real practice pads are expensive. I saw one at yamaha that was what, 70 over? yeah. some expensive one.
Yamaha doesn't offer one on one lessons for beginners, which is what I am, heh. only at Level One, as they put it. trying to persuade my parents that i'm serious but I don't know whether I'm getting through to them...

unwell--yamaha expensive meh? I thought private lessons are more expensive.

hmm...anyone got any private teachers to recommend?

haha my dog's damn nottie...and it does scratch the sofa..and i don't think i made the tears on the sofa

a SOFT SHOPPING sounds cool... ahah

still...poor doggy lol. I love dogs. well we have SOFT jammin sessions...since I'm not 'qualified' to jam as yet, I thought shopping would be much more style. and we can get together and talk about our favourite topic (ie music) all we want.

'Group shopping' for drum stuff sounds good. But going there with no money to buy anything... now THAT is depressing lol.

let's have jamming sessions in public to raise money!! can you imagine? one guitarist and one vox standing there with this huge cashbox in front of them. okay never mind me... still it'd be fun to hear each other's opinions on what to start saving for at least lol.

hey guys...just an update to let y'all know, I've signed up for drum lessons at yamaha. My parents wouldn't pay for private. I'm starting oct 8th, 6 to 7 pm. have to miss the first lesson because of exams on that day. Yamaha has said that's not a problem and I hope they're right... wish me luck y'all!
(i posted on another thread about my lil lack of confidence and I was duly berated by drummerbuah, mel80 and wired. thanks for the boost guys. this is something I've wanted to do since I was a kid and I'm going to try my damnedest to be good at it.)

You're most welcome ixora05. We're all here to help one another right? Have fun when your drum lessons start! :D

That's awesome! Wish you the best in your drumming. Remember, if you have any problems, you can feel free to approach the people here.

yay you signed up for yamaha, i signed up for motivate music :D high5s. all the best to you and to myself too haha ><

motivate music? what's that? lol thanks for the support everyone! I point you all to my other thread in the Kopitiam section. it's called show the love. go post. :)

ixora05 said:
motivate music? what's that? lol thanks for the support everyone! I point you all to my other thread in the Kopitiam section. it's called show the love. go post. :)

ehh, if i'm not wrong its a sweelee branch at balmoral plaza. then again, i might be wrong.

haha okay. I think you'll prob do better than me. yamaha was all i could convince my parents to allow. oh well. let's learn together!

Back