help on microphones VS H4n n more qns

hmm? but it's just a click away lol. get used to it cos there'll be many studying the theory making things look complicated just cos it's for the act of being professional.

They say crago vulgaris
I say shrimp.
it's the same thing.

can i just get the H2 and record my voice? doubt i will hear any feedback unless i play it back myself.

btw. u seen the H1? what's your take?

If you are considering the H2 because of the price budget, I would urge you to top up a bit and get the H4n. The 2 additional inputs will come in handy when you want to record your keyboard or plug in a better quality microphone.

yes you can get the H2 and just record your voice, or via earphone input from the keyboard with 1/4">1/8" adapter. but no XLR or 1/4" inputs.

you won't experience feedback as long as you use headphones to record instead of speakers + microphone

I'll phrase it simply for you checkin out citymusic web.
$140+ H1 : microsd , 1 AA batt powered, look like a small torch light, 2 mics, 1 stereo input.
$280+ H2 : SD card , 2 AA batt powered, look like shaver , 4 mics, 1 stereo input.
$420+ H4n : SD card, USB or 2 AA batt powered , look like taser , 2 mics, 2 xlr/1/4" inputs.
$580+ R16 : SD Card, USB or 6 (i think) AA batt powered, look like a small mixer, 2 mics, 8 xlr/1/4"inputs, onboard zoom guitar cab simulation

h1 ideal for minimal
h2 ideal for stereo surround jamming room recording.
h4n ideal for some serious inputs.
r16 ideal for some serious multitrack inputs.

As soft mention earlier, M-audio fasttrack pro with AT 2020. Since you learn keyboard and guitar and with macbook. Very likely you are a composer too. Naturally, you will progress as through arrange/record/mix. You may already use Garageband. If so, do not buy any jampack, but save and buy logic pro later. Garageband project can open directly in Logic Pro too. Of cos, you must add studio monitor and a headphone.

thanks blueprintstudios and kongwee for the info... my main concern now is just to record vocals for myself and maybe with some other friends here. of coz i know the room has to be damn quiet .

im assuming the basic stuff i need to start is a mic? lol and perhaps post processing tools. you'd suggest protools? or can garageband suffice?

thanks and sorry for more qns

i just read the 1st page. and saw you're using a macbook. if you have an m-audio interface you can eventually use mac based DAW such as m-powered protools or logic.

if you're using any other audio interface, garageband will do fine for starters

thanks blueprintstudios and kongwee for the info... my main concern now is just to record vocals for myself and maybe with some other friends here. of coz i know the room has to be damn quiet .

im assuming the basic stuff i need to start is a mic? lol and perhaps post processing tools. you'd suggest protools? or can garageband suffice?

thanks and sorry for more qns

Use garageband until you have max it. This is where you will know what you really want.

@ezekielkok,
I started recording on garageband with a condenser mic c01u Samson usb.
I did my plug-in guitars through the line-in.
The quality is pristine but better than my previous previous previous setup using karaoke type of mic. :D
I don't recommend any external built-in mic with recording like TASCAM, ZOOM H2, type of devices, especially when it's not that cheap.

@Pohzi SmoovyFm,
Swee Lee.
And that's thread hi-jacking :p

I'll copy what i wrote on another post that may help.

Not to be biased or anything but i feel that the Samson G- Track condenser USB Mic is probably the cheapest option that gives good quality recordings. Im selling one.

http://www.soft.com.sg/classified/sh...nser-mic&cat=9

It is a usb condenser mic with a built in audio interface, which allows a instrumental line in that connects straight into the microphone. It gives clear and crisp recordings. There is also a headphone jack that allows you to listen while recording. You might say ' why cant i connect my headphones to my computer while recording' , because it has delay. Many usb mics have delay compared to a mic plugged into an audio interface, which can be VERY annoying while you are podcasting or recording your vocals.

You should not need to worry about room noises while recording as there are MANY software that can filter it out after the recordings are done (takes like 30 secs max to filter them out).

Latest posts

Back