help on microphones VS H4n n more qns

Nope the mic has 0 latency because the headphones are connected straight into the microphone and it doesn't go through the computer first.

I think most USB mics have latency issues if you are not using it on a super high end computer except for usb mics that have a direct headphone input liek the Samson G-Track and the Blue Yeti.

Last edited:
what about recording singing vocals over a backing track? will you be able to hear the backing track mp3 playing on the mic's headphone output? does it mount as an "audio interface" ?

my onboard zoom r16/h2 usb mics are fine on a intel core2duo 2.4ghz 2gig ram under 10ms-5ms. the other thread johnson was facing latency issues of 300ms.

oh sorry im not too sure about the lag issue then.

Regarding the backing track, ive never tried doing vocals with a backing track before, i normally just play guitar and sing at the same time. It was really just a hobby for me and i never spent more than 15 mins with the mic each time i recorded, hence thats why selling the mic lol.

However having said that, i'm quite sure its possible for the backing track to come out the microphone audio, i just never tried it. And nope i dont think it mounts as an audio interface, but then again, i never used it much and never got into the detailed recording stuff so i wouldn't be too sure. All i knew about my mic was it sounded good, had no problems and easy to use.

LOL ermm about that.... i prefer not to since i'm not that good and not confident enough to show people? but i dont mind just showing someone personally instead of upload it on youtube or let everyone gain access to it. If you got Msn or something i dont mind just letting you listen.

That's alright.I'd like to know more and share here on SOFT about USB mics because of the usual issues reported on forums as well as the quality and results u can get from it.thanks for sharing the info anyway.

Yep it happens often, i know my cousin that bought a mic recently had trouble with the latency. Easiest way is to buy Mic+Audio interface or a Usb mic that has a Headphone imput.

I'll be meeting up with johnson86 and attempting to rectify his problem next week . I don't have a USB mic (unless you count zoom h2 as one) so I'll check it out and update hopefully with a solution.

Latest posts

Back