Gear photos 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that custom spray painted case with initials better than all those guitars :)

Anyway, for that LP supreme there, I realised that it has no back cover plate. Must be quite a bit-eech to remove or change electronics haha.

Last edited:
happy new year guys
imma make u jealous xD (no offense)
NEW GEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
DSC_8651.jpg

DSC_8630.jpg
DSC_8636.jpg
fFIREMAN <3 <3

wtf, that's insane. no way will i pay that amount for a fireman! So you imported it? or got someone to import?

i got someone to import it for me ^^
well 1350 is for the guitar itself, my hard case for it ( i dunno why i dont have gigbag) is touching down on the coming week , the price i have long forgotten but if im not wrong is under 200

yeah, all the electronics are removed by the jack, that's why it has a super large jack plate.

Yup... Remembered one guy in MDC having one...other than the fancy appointments which were mostly cosmetic, I didn't fancy it at all... not to mention my les paul modded with manlius pafs sounded miles better in the tone department.

Moral of the story: Gibson doesn't make stellar pickups. They sound ok for most part, but nothing really shines enough to elevate them to the top of the heap.

Hi guys, the case with the initials came with a gibson doublecut which i got off ebay. Still have the guitar. With Gibson its really hit or miss. This piece supreme has a sweet thick tone, yet is not muddy. NO intention of a pick up change this time. Had owned quite a few les pauls,
this is one of the better ones. Might post the doublecut later when i have the time.

That's nice to hear. I've had the chance to play many gibsons (including the historics, supreme, standards, studios, acoustics and so on) while I was still working at a certain guitar store (no prizes for guessing which) and other than a bad factory setup, most of them would vastly benefit tonally with a pickup change. So the first thing I do when I get a Gibson is "what pickups are in there" and determine whether there is a need to change. I mean, it may sound ok but there's a difference between sounding ok and sounding great.

The Burstbucker Pros, 1,2s and 3s are some of the better pickups coming off production line pieces(Bonamassa's LPs are loaded with those) in recent years, while good sounding, sometimes fall short due to the unpredictable individual nature of most Gibsons. I do admit that I have played quite a few that sound pretty good - no need for a pickup change.

Yup... Remembered one guy in MDC having one...other than the fancy appointments which were mostly cosmetic, I didn't fancy it at all... not to mention my les paul modded with manlius pafs sounded miles better in the tone department.

Moral of the story: Gibson doesn't make stellar pickups. They sound ok for most part, but nothing really shines enough to elevate them to the top of the heap.

Agreed. I never liked the supreme. If you give me that same amount of money. I would rather invest it in a Suhr or TA. But those are of course, on a different level.

There are only 2 Gibsons I would buy: a standard and a junior special. Those are my fav 2 by far.

The Burstbucker Pros, 1,2s and 3s are some of the better pickups coming off production line pieces(Bonamassa's LPs are loaded with those) in recent years, while good sounding, sometimes fall short due to the unpredictable individual nature of most Gibsons. I do admit that I have played quite a few that sound pretty good - no need for a pickup change.

Joe Bonamassa has a new pickup set available from Seymour Duncan! Doubt they'll be cheap since it's the custom shop range

parcel delivered by DHL in the morning. i've been waiting for quite a while.
vq0ffo.jpg

Jave Boost with CV7003! that's the mil spec version of the original mullard oc44 :)
b9f71u.jpg

2hzpya.jpg

It's a really really good pedal. Awesome treble booster.

Agreed. I never liked the supreme. If you give me that same amount of money. I would rather invest it in a Suhr or TA. But those are of course, on a different level.

There are only 2 Gibsons I would buy: a standard and a junior special. Those are my fav 2 by far.

what do you mean by different level? more like different type of guitar right? Suhr and Andersons are more of superstrats and they won't sound nor feel similar.

Les Paul Supreme does not feel like a Les Paul only because the body is slightly thicker (maybe cos of all that chambering). It feels almost like playing one of their archtops. a tad bit bulky. I think the aim of the LP Supreme is not trying to sound like it's Standard or Custom counterparts. Different sound but I wouldn't say better or worse. However for the price, yes I would rather go for a standard only because it's a more distinct kind of tone.

not being rude or anything but have you tried anything beyond a standard? let's say maybe an R7? If price wasn't the main consideration, would you pick the standard or the R7. specwise they are not that different (same woods, typical Gibson pickups) but tonewise, way different. hence the huge price gap which people are willing to pay.

Yes apologies, I meant different type of guitar.

In fact, I have tried models above the standard, deluxe, R8, custom shop. They all sounded pretty awesome, but somehow i just felt like I clicked best with the standard. So I guess you have to take into account personal preference as well.

IMO there are just certain guitars that I connect better with and when I play it, everything just comes naturally. But on the other hand, there are some guitars that fight back too much and I struggle to play on those guitars. But that's my own personal experience, it'll be diff for diff people

Yup, these are personal preferences, so rest easy guys. At the end of the day, if you can afford it, and if you like it, why not. everyone has their 2 cents on things but hell if I had cash i would buy up every les paul from the supreme to the R0 just bring it!

I wouldn't choose a Suhr over a Fender either. A fender is still a fender, and as for Suhr- assuming you'r talking about the pro series which is fairly common and popular around here- it won't really get you that vintage-correct strat tone, to be honest. It's more of a modern take on the strat sound without the superstrat label, which would be pretty useful for many applications!

That being said, I still love my Fender and Gibson. Guitars are a very individualistic thing you know- those two pieces I have are modded to my tastes, made in USA and sound fantastic. Goose and quite a number of prominent Softies here who had the opportunity to try my guitars have mostly commented on how great those pieces I manage to procure sound, despite them not being that expensive really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back