Fender Strat??

Scream_ed said:
hey, colin88, do you happen to know any place in Chiang Rai (Thailand) that sells musical instruments? Will be going there year end. Thanks.

Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai, between them have about 3 guitar stores that I know of, none of which stock the major guitar brands.

Oh - that doesn't count 2nd hand stores - near Chiang Mai town centre, there is one street that has loads of pawn stores all with tonnes of (mainly acoustic) guitars being sold hanging from the ceiling.

colin88 said:
yea, the best place to go check out is either at world trade center or siam center.
Best place in Bangkok is Wah Nakhon Kasem. About 20 music stores within 100 sq yards. There *is* a good Fender dealer inside World Trade though - prices are slightly cheaper than here, but a budget fare (say with Air Asia) already gonna set you back about $160 SGD. Not worth it. Buy it here.

Hee

Mex Strat are Strat that is made in Mexico :) If I have the money, I wld love to get my hands on a MIJ Strat.

Mexico does make some very good strats. I've heard nothing but good reviews about the Jimmie (sp?) Vaughn strat from The Gear Page. You might want to check it out.

Yo thor666, if the JV you referring to are the MIJ fenders in the early years, good or not i don't know, but they sure are collector's item... cost quite alot man.

i think if you are a jazz purist, then a fender strat cannot lah. or else, couple with the correct effects, it should pass.

i meant the Jimmie Vaughn.. sorry for the confusion.

the MIJ 80s Fender/Squier JVs are really good... essentially Fender American assembled in Japan. But seriously overhyped (if you're going to pay over 1K for a JV, there's MIA 2ndhand around, that's the catch.)

hmm which part about jazz? i'm pretty lost... just replying to Lifehouse's comments.

:smt017 remember i read somewhere in this forum... someone say Strat is the most versatile guitar around... always thought that it can fit any genre of music... except HEAVY METAL...

ShredCow said:
Isn't a Fender a tad unsuited for Jazz? Especially if you want the warm, hollowbody tones.

how do you differentiate a MIJ from MIM from MIA... is the Made in something imprinted at the back of the guitar headstock...

tsunami said:
how do you differentiate a MIJ from MIM from MIA... is the Made in something imprinted at the back of the guitar headstock...
its usually imprinted below the Fender word on the headstock . :)

Back