Fender Strat??

Curiousity????

ST62-70TX <-- ST62 means Strat year 62
what about 70TX --> what is this mean then??

I have heard a lot about Dimarzio and SD pu.
Some say SD produced vintage sound while
Dimarzio produced more artificial sound. Well!
these comments are personals comments.

So my question is, from the above two companies,
which company would you buy your single coil pu with?
Let say, i am heavily into Jazz and blues musics....
Or should i said, the manufacture pu from Fender
is good enough and replacement of PUS are a little unnecessary?

Copied from Fender web site.
http://www.fender.com/support/setup/stratsetup.php
-----------------Bass Side-------------- Treble Side
Texas Specials 8/64" (3.6 mm) 6/64" (2.4 mm)
Vintage style 6/64" (2.4 mm) 5/64" (2 mm)
Noiseless™ Series 8/64" (3.6 mm) 6/64" (2.4 mm)
Standard Single-Coil 5/64" (2 mm) 4/64" (1.6 mm)
Humbuckers 4/64" (1.6 mm) 4/64" (1.6 mm)
Lace Sensors As close as desired (allowing for string vibration)

I would go with SD for single coils ,
Stock fender pups are "ok" but u might consider aftermarket Fender Replacement pups such (eg the fat 50s) or other original fender replacement pup if u are looking for the "fender sound"

Re: Curiousity????

i believe TX means texas (ie texas specials PUs in it).

if between SD and Dimarzio for jazz and blues, definitely i would choose SD. i tend to feel Dimarzio has a lot of preference for modern/rock sound, and SD really goes into the "authencity" business of vintage pickups with the Antiquities and other stuff.

actually i hate the lace sensors gold. doubt i'll like the sound of the other lace sensors.. they really feel too unnatural to my ears.

if you want, yes i do think the fender US vintage or TX texas specials pickups found in the higher MIJ strats will suffice. i do think having jazz tones on a strat is difficult to get. possible, but usually not the best authentic tone.

i would prefer stock fender pups for vintage sounds...my highway1 has this real cool vintage sound that isnt high output but gives that 70s rock feel. it's great!

i would prefer stock fender pups for vintage sounds...my highway1 has this real cool vintage sound that isnt high output but gives that 70s rock feel. it's great!

Hmm

haha tany relax la, dun triple post *lolx* give people a chance :)

i might be buying off a Fender ST-45 off Isibashi.

tany said:

i agree, the stock fender highways are the greatest with its stock pickups, its so damned 70s in clean and distortion...

i dunno but i know it's cheaper than those vintage ones...as in those reissues but u cant compare

all i know is i would rather get a h1 than a standard strat, imo the sound is much 70s and there's no finish so it's damn nice and smooth...awww... :lol:

all i know is i would rather get a h1 than a standard strat, imo the sound is much 70s and there's no finish so it's damn nice and smooth...awww...

The Satin finished standard strats are smooth as well. Not to mention, they play as well as a H1. It's more vintage looking with 21 frets, unlike the h1 with 22.

tany said:
i choose the h1 because it had 22 frets 8)

Somehow i can't "accept" strats with 22 frets lol. I still think they look best with 21. No overhanging fingerboard into the pickguard.

Back