Fender Strat??

tsunami said:
:smt017 remember i read somewhere in this forum... someone say Strat is the most versatile guitar around... always thought that it can fit any genre of music... except HEAVY METAL...
[/quote]

there's no exception, Fender can handle metal, ask MARDUK's Morgan Steinmeyer (pic):

5.jpg

Hahahahahah... you do have your point....

subversion said:
tsunami said:
:smt017 remember i read somewhere in this forum... someone say Strat is the most versatile guitar around... always thought that it can fit any genre of music... except HEAVY METAL...

there's no exception, Fender can handle metal, ask MARDUK's Morgan Steinmeyer (pic):

5.jpg
[/quote]

Not to mention the Iron Maiden guys.

Karl Sanders from Nile also plays a Strat, as does Trevor Peres of Obituary.

You can't get much heavier than those.

Hee

Pls don't forget the awesome guitar hero - Yngwie Malmsteen :)

FenderJapan.jpg

Crazy Strat Shredder :supz:

Heard this year G3 is comin' up soon, but Malmsteen might be left out :( Sad!!

the country made in is printed on the headstock, but anybody knows how to check authenticity of the guitar body? since it can be changed.

turtlemuscle said:
the country made in is printed on the headstock, but anybody knows how to check authenticity of the guitar body? since it can be changed.

fenders usually has serial number. You can use this number to check the authenticity (check the year, model, etc from the net), or just email the number to Fender customer service to check.

then again those heavy metallers only use the bridge humbucker.

and if you want the low end chunk for chugging, nothing really beats mahogany

I thought you will be able to check it online, Fender Website.

Isnt that a hassle, whenever you wanna buy some authentic
Fender, you will have to email them....

If i am not wrong, the Model Prefix will determine the
originator of the guitar.... something like that...
apart from the imprinted Made in So and So country...

popeye said:
turtlemuscle said:

fenders usually has serial number. You can use this number to check the authenticity (check the year, model, etc from the net), or just email the number to Fender customer service to check.

... at one time Fender was acquired by CBS, and the quality of Fender
after the acquisition, some say, not very good compare to those prior to the acquisition... is that true...

If so, which year made Fender is the best though??

Additional question... since Fender is so so pricey... let say
if i buy an Ibanez SA260 SSH config -- if i replace the two
Single Coils of Ibanez to Fender Single Coil.... will the
sound be the same as buying a Fender's guitar...
just curious...

tsunami said:
Additional question... since Fender is so so pricey... let say
if i buy an Ibanez SA260 SSH config -- if i replace the two
Single Coils of Ibanez to Fender Single Coil.... will the
sound be the same as buying a Fender's guitar...
just curious...
Nope, it wont sound like a Fender Strat, the body wood and shape is different.

Even getting a stratocaster copy might not give u the sound of a fender strat .

turtlemuscle said:

if u unscrew the neck from the body, "usually" there is an imprint of the date of the guitar assembled in the pocket where the body holds the neck. i've unscrewed the neck from US and earlier Jap models only.

and yes, "Fender Stratocaster with the original pickups" is the only way to get "the Strat" sound. others will "be close" or "approximate" the sound/tone. i'm pro-Fender... heheheheheheh...

tsunami said:
... at one time Fender was acquired by CBS, and the quality of Fender
after the acquisition, some say, not very good compare to those prior to the acquisition... is that true...

If so, which year made Fender is the best though??
many says so. but lots of old timers (the ones i know) in Singapore prefers the 70's strats. big headstock, stronger pickups, thicker paints, very heavy guitar, etc... so it might be wrong to say the "quality dropped" then. i've played a 70's strat before, its damned heavy, but it sounds fat with good sustain... so no complaints regardless of what others say...

which year is best? well, that is subjective. older/vintage is always "said" to be better. but that depends on preferences and tone requirements/likes. i personally feel the earlier 90's is best. when they have bigger frets, the 2-screw tremolo, flatter fingerboard and 22 frets stock. and i'd love to get my hands on the original/stock US 70's big headstock ones too!

what you can find on the website is the year the guitar is made.
this is the link http://www.fender.com/support/dating/fender_us_dating.php

See what info a serial number can provide here:
http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=517195&lastpost=2005-09-1616:24:38

tsunami said:
I thought you will be able to check it online, Fender Website.

Isnt that a hassle, whenever you wanna buy some authentic
Fender, you will have to email them....

If i am not wrong, the Model Prefix will determine the
originator of the guitar.... something like that...
apart from the imprinted Made in So and So country...

popeye said:
turtlemuscle said:

Back