Eric Johnson & Derek Trucks guitar duel

aiyohh! no one wants to say anything ah??? hahahahahhha! maybe afraid getting caught downloading mp3... hmmmm... or u dun like me! hahahahhha! anyway this i got from a legal archive that gets permission to distribute live recordings by the artists themselves. no money can be made though. only for trading.

here is a quote from them:
Derek Trucks Band has the following taping and trading policy:

On December 7, 2002, Derek Trucks Band gave permission to Paul Fortin for shows to be hosted at the Archive:

Re: The Internet Archive - Can we trade your shows there?

yes go ahead.

Derek Trucks Band

Policy Notes
No official policy found at their website, but The Derek Trucks Band allows mic taping at all shows unless the venue prohibits taping. The DTB does NOT give soundboard feeds or allow video taping at any show.

Note: Band-authorized setlist archive fansite is at http://www.dtbsetlists.com/

anyone wants a copy of the whole gig i can burn for them. but eric johnson only played in two songs. the two i featured here. dun worry its approved by the band as 'trade only' purposes, no money must be involved, so no legal probs.

for those who do not know who is derek trucks, he is the young guitarist now playing in the allman brothers with warren haynes (guitarist with govt mule too) and also his own band derek trucks band. these two guitarists replaces the late duane allman and dickey betts who left the band. (those two original guys have got one of the best tones in the world! and their slide work, just no way to explain!) hope u guys have a listen, its good stuff!

hehe. i'm guessing eric johnson plays solo on the first part in the song.. cos the 2nd part seems to use a lot of blues licks/rock style kinda stuff, which eric doesnt seem to use a lot.

and i'm guessing he's playing a lot of rhythms in both songs... :)

hehe. i'm guessing eric johnson plays solo on the first part in the song.. cos the 2nd part seems to use a lot of blues licks/rock style kinda stuff, which eric doesnt seem to use a lot.

and i'm guessing he's playing a lot of rhythms in both songs...

oh yes, that's him! well, i'm more familiar with derek's tone and style actually, so can tell them apart! the 2nd track is better actually. eric do a very long solo spot right after the 1st keyboards solo! then right after the bass solo, everyone traded solos with each other, including the drums! need to hear it to believe!

btw, the 1st song is called 'Cheseecake', and the 2nd song is 'Mr PC'.

Back