Epiphone keeps getting better

I like Epis. They seem underated, always eclipsed by the fact that they are so-called "Poor man's Gibson".

IMO, change the internal hardware and humbuckers and you have a killer axe in your hands.

heh. i dunno. i hate the epi standards.. imo some of the finishing and stuff a bit shoddy. on the other hand, the epi custom i tried (my fren's) was an absolute keeper. weird stuff.

i'm wondering if the QC for standards and customs are different, since the customs do fetch a higher price.

sorry to borrow this thread for awhile since all of u guys are talking abt LPs, do u guys prefer burny or tokai LP if there is only this 2 brands & why?

Coz i wana get a LP too...

thor666 said:
the B/W flying V is mostly made famous by Michael Schenker of Scorpions.

oh yea, and it looks gorgeous. :)

Michael Schenker is NOT in scorpions. his sibling, Rudolf Schenker, is.

Rudolf of Scorpions (left), Michael of MSG/ ex-UFO (right)
bio_msg5.jpg

thor666 said:
heh. i dunno. i hate the epi standards.. imo some of the finishing and stuff a bit shoddy. on the other hand, the epi custom i tried (my fren's) was an absolute keeper. weird stuff.

i'm wondering if the QC for standards and customs are different, since the customs do fetch a higher price.

I think there are lemons around. So potential buyers, take care when purchasing one. Do a detailed inspection.

i will never buy an epi. my fren has one, LP, oh man, it sux. so muddy the sound when strumming chords, and also gets out of tune damn easily :eek:

hmm. actually honestly i never gave much thought to Michael Schenker of Scorpions or not... just happened to see a B/W flying V with the name/band quoted hand in hand together.

well. guess what. michael schenker was from scorpions a long time ago.

http://www.answers.com/topic/michael-schenker

i'm not a scorpions fan at all... so pardon my lack of knowledge in this area. heh.

i'm not a fan of flying-Vs...but the white and black combo looks superb, and the twisted sister LP edition...sweet.. :p

I think you guys should stop saying Epi QC is whacked, or Gibson QC gettin less strict or any other brand in particular lah... Its like so bloody stupid.

You grab the guitar off the shelf, naturally you'd examine it closely and try it out to your hearts content before you'll even fork out a cent to buy the guitar. Nobody is ever gona go to a shop and point at a guitar without even trying and tell the saleperson, "Hey, wrap this one up, I'll take it, no need to try, I trust the company's QC"

Would you pay 3k for a gibby without checking properly then bitch about it 3 months later that the QC is bad ?

I think noone would do that when buying a 600 dollar Epi already.

Anyway, I think its theres any MAJOR MAJOR flaw in a guitar, the shop also wont put it up for display, spoil their own business... Make sense right?

You are wrong man... I actually saw some really damaged guitar in sweelee before... and the sales person can let me try it as though the guitar was in mint condition...

To be precise I saw a MIM candy red strat that lost 2 strings and the whammy was stuck. I even saw a standard epiphone LP that have knobs have broken...

Sad but true... I don't know who abuse it but swee lee have to do something instead of displaying it there for all to see.... for goodness sake at least repair it before placing back at the shelf...

you know i remember seeing someone's signature that says...

"you knows there's gays and sweelee" or something like that...

Sweelee, obviously no need to say one, its the ultimate shop.

Sad but true... I don't know who abuse it but swee lee have to do something instead of displaying it there for all to see.... for goodness sake at least repair it before placing back at the shelf...

You know, sometimes it's not swee lee's fault when instruments get damaged. Sometimes it's the fault of the customer, a little bit of ignorance here and there might have quite a big effect on guitars. For example i was at sweelee early last year to get myself a classical, saw this chap who didn't place one of the classicals properly on the stand; it fell over, knocked something and there was this small crack that went unnoticed till i spotted it.

Well, some people like the worn beaten look, and if you manage to spot a flaw in the instrument, hopefully only cosmetics, you might be able to persuade them to let it go to you for cheaper. Cos if you don't buy it, who will?

i think its ultimately the maker..every manufacturer produces good pieces and crap pieces. :lol: you cant possibly have 100% of your goods in good condition, sometimes workers get careless or goods are damaged during shipping/handling.

seekz said:
you know i remember seeing someone's signature that says....

It's mine. :p
I don't really have anything against sweelee, I don't like them, I don't patronize, that quote in my sig wasn't to insult them, I just thought it was pretty funny so I left it there. :twisted:

Back