Emo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paperpunk:
Boon Lay countdown, opposite of Boon Lay CC. Some bands and mediacorp artistes will be performing for the countdown in the west :D

kiosai said:
i think the thing that most people diss nowadays, isnt emo music per se, but the emo "im in the scene" fashion that people wear. what do you guys think?

i totally agree with you. the fashion is such a big ...erm... no no. The music is good. Really connecting with youths lah . But to the extent of slitting wrists and all that , thats not emo, thats just plain dumb. And some of these kids actually do partake in such practices . They carve their ex's names on their hands and so forth . Bullshit lah .

and Paperpunk , being 14 and all that you tend to be angsty bout stuff. If ppl call u emo gay . Just ignore lah. nothing to be ashamed of. just dont do the fashion victim thingy.

Diff people has diff taste, diff views, diff thinking. Well that's how we are created to be, different. Haha.. not sure if i'm making any sense.

Well, it's ok to listen to emo music if you like it, no prob. It's jus this "WEIRD" fashion scene that some weirdos are creating... yet again.. diff people has diff view. But yeah, it's natural for people to hate posers and stuffs.

Just chill mate, dont get all mad ok, If you like emo music jus stick with it, dont care bout what other people say, have a strong stand in what you believe or in this case, you find that emo music is nice. I'm sure there will be people out there who like emo music too.

But personally.... hmm... errmm those shouting and screaming in emo music gives me a headache and the progression of the songs jus.. doesnt really suit my taste.. so yeah.

Have a strong stand in what you believe in, at the same time, accept comments... be it bad or good.

emo is not thursday, even though they're a great band... sorry dude. emo is sunny day real estate, the get up kids and saves the day and mineral, etcetc. i don't know what the hell you'd put thursday/atreyu etc under but it's all music to me.

i think there's a huge difference here between emo and emo *kids*. the emokid fashion is pretty horrendous imo (+1 to kiosai's post) but yes, it's pretty damn ridiculous to associate girl pants with emo music.

this topic has been the most funniest topic in the world.
the dude who replied to the guy who asked whotf is the carabba guy is just so funny.
THE MOST EMO GUY IN THE WORLD.
hahahahahahhaa.
oh and he formed dashboard confessional after he left further seems forever.
emo is not a trend.
it's the MTV.
i'm a big fan of emo music.
but i'm just ashamed of the 'culture' today's kids bring up.
i'm a kid too.well at least im legal.
whats with the eyeliner.and the make up.
but i don't mind cause there's going to be this point of time when they actually grow up and think abt the times they dress up emo.. with the eyeliners to look cool.
dont be surprise if there's a new emo band called:
DREAMING OF BLACK EYELINERS, I BURN MASCARA TO DIE,EVERYTIME I WANK, whatever shits.and there'll be followers, locals gigs these days .... you can see at least more than 10 people wearing the same band tees.
and i just don't get it, same band tees like MCR THE USED all this shit.
emo is emotional.feelings, no?yeah right and so... let the music do the talking.if you listen to avenged seven fold you're not even emo.
true, emo music is the result of punk and the reality of indieee music which was introduced few years ago.
bands like sunny day real estate, mineral, saves the day, american football and you can get alot of emo bands from jade tree.
which then evolved with punk rock, then there's emo punk.EMO PUNKZZ.
the ataris, samiam blablabla.
emo can be related to any band in the world.
in fact, EVERYONE is emo!
scorpions is emo.
naiad is emo.
backstreet boys are emo dudes.
eminem is also an emo fella.
iron maiden emo, metallica emo, burzum emo, children of bodom emo, ride emo, lagwagon emo, craig's brother emo, greenday emo, bapak kau emo, mak kau emo, ni papa emo, ni mama emo, dream theater emo, the pretenders emo, shai hulud emo, weezer emo, at the drive-in emo, mogwai emo, sigur ros emo, m83 emo, depeche mode emo, team sleep emo, godspeed you!black emperor emo, catch 22 emo, comeback kid emo, minor threat emo, pisschrist emo, EVERYONE'S EMO!YES DUDE,INCLUDING CHRIS CARABBA!
forget abt it.
there's no point of being an elitist with music.
no point of being a METAL ELITIST.
cause metal is hard grrr roarrr.all the wicked solosss tiu tiu tiuuuuu nenene all the ooowowo.forget abt it, metal's emo too.
no point of being a PUNK ROCK ELITIST.
i have nothing to say in this cept for the PUNK fashion.
no point of being an ELITIST.
music belongs to the people.
us.
the world.
that's why there's Tsunami Bomb.
BE THE MUSIC, SUPPORT THE LOCAL MUSIC SCENE.
you guys keep complaining about why your band cant get ANY shows.
why?simple, you need contacts.
and the most saddest answer is tt, you can't play good music.you just bloody play stupid music, okay...a cover, maybe a good cover, but.. you turn it into some stupid song santa wouldn't even want to hear.
easy said, your band sucks.but hey, there's always hope.:D
so must support uh, i mean... dont diss your own music community, maybe good criticism not anyhow criticize(jealousy etc).
and organisers, NEW organisers.they organised BIG GIGS..whoa very good, nice job yeah.
BUT.... this's just an example, they call 13 bands to play ...when they know that the show will start late.
how silly is that?
and then they get all panic and push the bands up by cutting down their time slot from maybe they could have played 6 songs but ended up playing only 3 songs instead.
rubbish.organisers bpls just organise a cgood clean happy night gig like at least 5 bands ,starts at 5 or 6pm.isn't tt fun.
at least jammerz pit was great.
okay guys, SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC!
like seriously , ive typed too long.
so yeah, do me a favour by SUPPORTING THE LOCAL MUSIC!
STASIS 8, 8th JANUARY,THE SUBSTATION,
BANDS LIKE SET FOR GLORY, SURREAL, THE PINHOLES'll be playing, COME DOWN YEAH!
CIAO!:D

I dislike emo because its guitarwork is usually just heavily distorted and really messy, and I cant get used to it, especially since the vocals are really, really annoying. I don't get the supposed "soul" in emo music, but each has his own idea of the elusive thing. I just cannot relate to the emo people's way of thinking.
Im more into ambient stuff like metal, peppered with good riproaring emotion packed solos.

eh levitation, nice post...its like in the begining, you are talking bout how every one is emo n stuff and suddenly u talk bout local music scene.....but what you are saying is quite true man

levitation's first post was way too power for people to handle. so much for the first post.

well, at least emo fashion doesn't bother me. it's the way how people want to express themselves through what they are wearing. well, if they look stupid, just ignore. the more you criticise, the more there will be. might as well leave them alone.

emo lyrics are way much into the scene. be it whatever genre you are talking about. it's EMOTION. admit it, some good music comes with the departure of a close kin. those music are wrote with emotions in it. the emotion i meant are true emotions. not those boyfriend girlfriend break up cry, slit wrist and go jump the building.

i don't listen to emo punk, emo rock bla bla bla whatever you might come up. it's just the way the music scene is. creativity to a party may be discrimination to others. keep the comments to yourself. emo fashion, it doesn't concern you. just let them be.

alot of people concern things that are never going to affect their lives.

waaahh...
levitation, so funny and such a smart way to promote.
hahahaa.
i still can't get over the "everytime i wank" thing.

actually, the more you criticise them, the more time you waste.
sorry, can't help thinking about how one criticise can create few more of them.

to some extend, i mean wearing GIRL"S PANTS? It's weird. Oh, why does the emo style trend people has to cut themselves? It's so silly.

One entry from Chris Carabba's blurty web:

And what's with all these kids thinking it's cool to be emo now? I walk outside my house and I see an abundance of River Cuomo glasses and little league t-shirts. What the fuck is with that. Emo is not a fucking label, it's a way of life. You can't dress in a little sweater and say "Oh, I'm emo". You either are born emo or you aren't. If you are generally a nice person, then you aren't emo. Emo kids are dicks, myself included. Shit. Some people just don't get it.

---
Lol. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back