Emo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because teachers are unfair.
And i totally agree with kiosai.
And so the community hates the "im so emo" fashion scence.
But i love the emo music scence.
And i enjoy it.
But i hate it when people just diss at me saying im a gay emo.

i had a friend in sec sch a few years back, who interpreted a lit poem in an off tangent not by the book way and said it was about death. straight F. although most of us could see how he came to that standpoint. but the teacher said something about writing on death not acceptable in school. so maybe thats what you're referring to sycododo? its because the MOE has to shield impressionable young minds from morbid thoughts.

http://www.wimp.com/emo/

Add on:
I don't like this emo music thing myself,all the band sound like 1 band they all sound the same.When there is a something there is always an Anti something so build a bridge and get over it.If you can't than you have just proven to yourself that you are truly emo and that is why people dislike emo.

When hair metal was popular in the 80s, people were dissing hair metal for the big hair and tight leather pants. In the 90s when grunge was popular, people were dissing grunge for the torn jeans, Doc Marts boots, checkerd shirts, angsty stare and grindin of molars when they sing. And when Nu metal was all the rage a few years back, people were dissing them for their lack of solos, drop tunnings, baggy clothes, hip hop influnces. And now they are dissing emo. see the pattern here? People diss watever that is popular.

looks like these "im in the scene" fashion ppl makes emo look bad...do they even listen 2 emo, im not an emo fan but i hate these kind of ppl- posers..... :x

i think the thread starter loves emo but couldn't get appreciation from certain pple and thus the bitter outburst.

i enjoy emo once in a while, btw.

Although I too am not really fond about emo lyrics but there's always a limit to everything. For me I guess it's okay to listen to emo songs but you cross the line when you use it as an excuse to cut yourself up

Just like heavy metal , you cross the line when you use heavy metal music as an excuse to worship the devil

As for emo fashion , I gotta admit , I diss emo fashion as one of the dumbest fashion trends ever created but I guess it's something we're not used to since emo fashion has just made it's debut here. Give it 3-5 years and it will eventually become a norm in society (GOD FORBID!)....

Mobius said:
When hair metal was popular in the 80s, people were dissing hair metal for the big hair and tight leather pants. In the 90s when grunge was popular, people were dissing grunge for the torn jeans, Doc Marts boots, checkerd shirts, angsty stare and grindin of molars when they sing. And when Nu metal was all the rage a few years back, people were dissing them for their lack of solos, drop tunnings, baggy clothes, hip hop influnces. And now they are dissing emo. see the pattern here? People diss watever that is popular.

Come on man, it's not like there can be something that EVERYONE likes. People diss what's popular, people also diss what's not. If you combine everyone's dissing together everything will ultimately be dissed.

All you can do is probably do what you want, get dissed, and complain on here. Comfort to the soul, but it won't stop. ;)

Besides, emo didn't used to be like that. Emo didn't have the fashion then. It's called a trend, now. I guess. A few months back I remember it was punk. Also hiphop.

juz do wad u like.. dun tell me if half the ppl here disagree with ya, u gonna stop liking it too.. now tt's following the thrend..

those weird emo haircuts are the worst thing abt emo.. but then when u see ppl spoting it.. quite amusing wad, haa.. lolz no nid to diss it..

cutting of wrists was the fashion of ah lians way b4 emo not as if it like a new thing.. so wad's the big deal..

sucidal and violence lyrics, no1 can beat mr slim shady yo..

kiosai said:
i had a friend in sec sch a few years back, who interpreted a lit poem in an off tangent not by the book way and said it was about death. straight F. although most of us could see how he came to that standpoint. but the teacher said something about writing on death not acceptable in school. so maybe thats what you're referring to sycododo? its because the MOE has to shield impressionable young minds from morbid thoughts.
ya.
but it kind of feels limited.
okay, don't have to go into details but.
like maybe, "sandra's husband chocked on a fishball and died when he was in the midst of mid-life crisis, leaving her with nothing but depression."
i know it sounds wrong but... something like that.

and eh, angusyoung, i don't see glory in deaths of course, unless if you want me to talk about my catholic believes about heaven and blablabla kind. :)

It's ironical that Chris Carraba, probably the most emoooooooooooooooooooo person in the world, isn't part of the whole emo fashion thing. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back