Do u guys use the whammy bar?

Vaiyen said:
going by Vai's website, he has broken many, throughout his career.

Did he?

Anw, sidetrack abit. When I saw e topic Satch & Vaiyen forming a new band, I took it literally for the real thang!! Until I was brought to the realisation that actually its u & the other Satch guy. Zzz :?

I'd realli love to c Satch & Vai form a new band. Mixture of ideas, licks, riffs & solos!! Woah!!

Re: Woot!?!

neuro182 said:
How in the world did u break it man?? 8O

I don't even tink that Satch or Vai ever broke theirs b4, not to mention Malmy.

the tremolo bar comes from a 1988 fender stratocaster. i think internally the bar had rusted.

and if u've seen me in my "whamfest" days u'll know why. i dig jonny greenwood. :twisted:

yep. less but yea.

that time the whammy bar broke at the screw thread area... have to hammer it out with a screwdriver and hammer... create a temporary pivot and turn it out. my dad took it out for me.

i think for me, i like vintage tremolo bridges a lot. like many other people, i prefer the bridge to be very slightly off the body so there's a sense of warble when i play. so even if i don't use the whammy, i'll still get a vintage tremolo bridge. :)

"Spikes: My bad then, in believing your words. =]

man, if people told you eating shit was nutritious, you'd probably do man... anyways, instead of spending my time argueing, i'd rather use my time to practise... and you should too... my last post for this senseless arguement...

apologies to soft and the author of this thread...

Hi jeremyrozario,

What brand and type of guitar are you using? What brand and type of floyd rose?

Typically those who are used to fixed bridge would complain about lack of sustain and bass response when they use floyd equipped guitars. I've tried both, and I can definitely say that floyd equipped guitars is brighter, but I think there's no lack of sustain here. I was using Ibanez with the old edge bridge. I also tried some Strats with original Floyd Rose. All have bolt on neck.

Maybe this lack of sustain you're experiencing is due to some improper construction or installation. Have you consult your luthier about this?

Cheers,
~alamsemu

nice to see all the discussion gg on haha...erm i wanna ask why lyk when i twist my whammy bar it wil get harder to twist at some point?

spikes said:
man, if people told you eating shit was nutritious, you'd probably do man... anyways, instead of spending my time argueing, i'd rather use my time to practise... and you should too... my last post for this senseless arguement...apologies to soft and the author of this thread...

Newbie said:
Can i sue him for that?

Anyway mind your words, you know what you did to your guitar.

omg. knock it off, children. this is so incredibly juvenile.

and come on, don't apologize, you're not fooling anyone. both of you have been taking potshots at each other since the bbq. if it's not something about guitars, it's about bikes. you don't have to like each other, but please just stop being so ridiculous on the forum. do it over msn or something.

:smt105

alamsemu said:
Typically those who are used to fixed bridge would complain about lack of sustain and bass response when they use floyd equipped guitars. I've tried both, and I can definitely say that floyd equipped guitars is brighter, but I think there's no lack of sustain here.

can't agree more. it's very much more the setup rather than the construction that affects sustain in most occurances.

alamsemu said:
Hi jeremyrozario,

What brand and type of guitar are you using? What brand and type of floyd rose?

i'm using a damn old yamaha yg dat i got from guitar connection, its using a bridge about the size of a lo-trs, with saddles a bit lyk e edge pro ii(no need to cut off e ball end), e arm is supposed to be a pop in arm, but it pops in and falls out, as for the sustain, i tink i'll save up to get a pedal wif delay in it, to make up for the loss of sustain

Back