Do u guys use the whammy bar?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: lol, mine's a float... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

what would you supposed i'd do anyway? :D :smt035 :twisted:

its there to let u make cool, or stupid sounds, u just hit a note/chord, grab the bar and wobble it like crazy lol. some songs require a much more subtle touch of course. u could use it to replace vibrato using fingers instead, since both are essentially just wobbling the strings about :D

yeah, i seldom use it ... so it was like in a delimma whether to get an Ibanez anot ... i prefer a 24 fret neck with or w/o the wham. any recommandation guys ???

my JEM JR has a floating bridge, so it's damn cool man. u can make like motorbike sounds, or crying, or screaming, all kinds. u see joe satch, he uses his JS guitar damn well, can do those cool effects...

depends on preference. some songs can use the floating bridge some dont need them. that's why u can have multiple guitars! for different playability.

and btw, it's super frustrating to have a floating bridge guitar according to my experience. when u change strings, it's super hard u have to be careful the screws are all intact. that time when i broke a string for the first time, the whole damned bridge collapse right in, so i panic like siao, luckily after replacing the string it was alright...

and also when u tune, sometimes u have to use the tuners at the bridge, because u have to screw tightly the screws at the neck...very troublesome compared to normal fixed bridge...

I never really use the bar for anything more than to accentuate certain chords or notes. An occasional divebomb or two that's about it. One thing's for sure, i can't live without it :D

Joe Satch rocks

tany said:
my JEM JR has a floating bridge, so it's damn cool man. u can make like motorbike sounds, or crying, or screaming, all kinds. u see joe satch, he uses his JS guitar damn well, can do those cool effects...

I watched Joe Satch live in San Francisco & he goes all crazy w his whammy bar.. if anyone aint down w whammy bar, check Satch out.. he'll blow ur minds!! *Beware*

whammy bar is for u to hold ur guitar when ur not playing.

yea. u can hold your guitar up all the way when ur not using it. like vai.

hah, but yea, i use the whammy bar alot for my own playing. but in my band not so much cos of the songs we play. got one vintage tremolo and one floyd. so now looking for a fixed bridge. either that or i might block the one with the vintage trem instead.

Latest posts

Back