DO GIRLS REALLY DIG MUSICIANS??? or issit just a myth?

Which one has the greatest sex appeal?

• female drummer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • female keyboardist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If I'm not wrong it's X JAPAN's Yoshiki who started the feminine trend. Welcome to the world of Visual Kei. :D There are a lot of bands who cross-dress... I think at some point of every famous Japanese rock band's career there are some rockers who cross dress, take for example Hyde(L'arc en Ciel), Sakito (Due le Quartz), Kagrra etc etc

it is a japanese version of GLAM

DIFFERENT BETWEEN AMERICAN GLAM AND JAPANESE GLAM IS :

Japanese glam rocker are pretty (mana of malice mizer, toshiya of dir en grey etc)

American glam rocker are ugly (The new york dolls, david bowie etc)

ahhhh totchiiiiii. eh i don't like that pic of mana.

and ehh i think female bassists are nice.
there's a certain different quality compared to the other roles. guitars and drums aren't too bad, keys just too popular..

btw jeifen you play any instruments? o_O

sLapshock said:

Japanese glam rocker are pretty (mana of malice mizer, toshiya of dir en grey etc)

dude...there's no pride in a man
looking like pretty girl...kinda warped,these people's thinking.

I think some guys do enjoy it. Mana (ex Malice Mizer) probably likes it so much he is never ever seen in guys clothing, always in skirts.

And I'd like to add these guys not only look good as girls, when they start wearing male clothes and going for the guy-ish look, they look fabulous. Take a look at Yoshiki's transformation or Toshiya's transformation. These people are hot as guys and girls...
yoshiki092.jpg

And the girls like it too :D Especially if you are into yaoi, and these guys are willing to do fanservice onstage ..hahahaha. Like Mana the princess falling dramatically into Gackt's (Prince Charming) arms.

btw jeifen you play any instruments? o_O
Piano, like you(if I remember correctly)..and classical guitar.

Vaiyen said:
sLapshock said:

dude. some people liek it some people not. im talking about glam anyway. the difference. pride or no pride IT JSUT A STYLE ANYWAY.

actually i feel its not really about pride too... but.. a guy dressing up as a girl... is more commonly known as...er...gay?...
or drag queen... transvestites... ...etc..etc....
drive by desker or changi and see all the GLam-ness....

it's not gay. i mean like, if girls can like wearing grand gowns and everything and look glamorous and princess-like, why can't the guys?

and it's not like all jrockers cross dress. some are still very masculine wad. or rather, prince like? kamijo =X and oh gackt, etc..

and oh. speaking of which. i HATE aya's pink hair. red hair is nice though. ie aya from weiss lol.

Jap's culture is Cosplaying, they started the Anime trend.
America is dirty gritty, tough looking image. Leather jackets, dirty hair etc...
Well as for Singapore, I don't know what is our real culture. Maybe we don't have an identity yet?

Hey guys, what about the likes of Justin Hawkins from The Darkness?

_39872789_justin_hawkins_pa.jpg

Singapore Identity? Might be quite hard given how we are affected by globalisation... We are a diverse culture... But it seems that t-shirt and jeans, standing like statues on stage seem to be the norm...

hide's pink hair looked great on him :D
Justin Hawkins from The Darkness
...no thanks

I think the japanese should be given credit for starting their own unique trend. You can find Chinese bands like Silver Ash modelling themselves after the J-rockers (yes..Lucy of Silver Ash cross-dresses too). You can easily identify a Japanese visual rock band by their hair, makeup and costumes, not sure if you can say that about local bands..

Cloudsky said:
Maybe we should bring back the super gelled hair trend 8)

what, the slicked back super nerdo look? hahah i know a few people who are desperately trying to restart that trend! :0)

or was he talking about the super gell spiked hair look?...
i tihnk number 1 is the best hair cut. just shave it all off. cheap and good.

Back