Death Cab For Cutie

i think death cab is best enjoyed on a picnic mat, in the cold open, with stars. and let THEM sing to you. oh well, whatever floats the boats.

i was one of the lucky few who managed to get in line for the autograph session

but guess what. by the time i reached the table and was only a feet away from gibby and breathing the same air, the security chased me away, saying they only signed merchandise. like wtf?! i paid 131 for my tix, and you wont even let me meet them till i chalk up more money for merch? in fact. i wouldnt have minded buying merch, but by then the stall was closed

this is bullsh!t :( i wanted them to sign my tix so badly

dude at least u managed to get near them. by the time i reached there i coudnt even get into the q.i just had to watch as other got their autographs n the best part is people kept pushing and pushing as if they can dash pass the guards to get into the q. but the show was one hell of a show.chris walla did pull off some elvis moves and nick was moving for the whole gig.it was money well spent.hope they do come down again.

cheers,

fugazi

Dcfc

There was a large sign at the entrance to the venue/signing area that stated that band would be doing an after show signing but only on official merchandise. Guess people must have missed that in their rush to get in line. Also, the band had a 30 min time limit for signing and I think the security staff were probably concerned that the signing was running overtime and others behind in line who had paid for cds and $35 t shirts on top of their tickets would miss out. Its not always easy for security as it is their responsibility to ensure the time limit is followed.

=weedeeyah

To be fair to the organizers if they had allowed everyone get an autograph it would take at least another 2 or 3 hours!

But to only allow autographs on "official merch" smacks too much on "corporate greed" for my liking.

i saw a setlist on flickr of a dcfc gig in june and they played 'wait'. was hoping that they would play it but then 'your bruise' was definitely a pleasant surprise.

where was chris walla's 12 string guitar for 'crooked teeth'?

nope. the black was like the cover of the "i will possess your heart" single, except with the band's name inside the circle. white one has band's name and "narrow stairs" vertically on coloured rectangles.

i managed to get the cream coloured version of the narrow stairs tee.although they missed out a few songs we wanted to hear, the set list was sex.i cant wait for em to come again.

.freakin' amazing.
.gig of the year it is.

.up next.

.Camera Obscura!.
.woo!.

.its getting better each year.
.THANK YOU ESPLANADE!.

yeah camera obscura's $38 for nsmen/students! haha dammit if only deathcab was cheaper.

anyway- yeah got quite miffed by the fact that i was asked to leave the queue when i was RIGHT AT THE TABLE because i only had a ticket to get signed haha gosh my deathcab experience seems incomplete :( they should've brought in more shirts too cos by the time i was out there weren't any left? :(

performance wise, i thought they were really tight but sometimes i wonder if they know how big they are here haha. do come back!!

Dcfc

Yea Mudcruz...I agree DCFC was the gig of the year!

H/w don't thank Esplanade for DCFC....DCFC was brought in by local independent promoter Greenhorn Productions who did it with no sponsor support whatsoever!!

anyway- yeah got quite miffed by the fact that i was asked to leave the queue when i was RIGHT AT THE TABLE because i only had a ticket to get signed haha gosh my deathcab experience seems incomplete :( they should've brought in more shirts too cos by the time i was out there weren't any left? :(

Couldn't you have stood your ground? Management staff were being tools anyway.

oh...then,its THANK YOU to Greenhorn Productions!

would be great if they can bring over British Sea Power or Belle and Sebastian too!

Back