DD3 high-cut mod

the MD 2 uses x2 dual op-amp ....like havin two dirt pedal in one !!

Where as the ts9 uses 1 dual op-amp with one sigle clipping stage !!

Why not just get a Ts9 and mod the MD 2 to taste !!

Bro, you can't compare a car to a lorry eventho they have 4 wheels ?! :D

See la, go off thread oredi! Scrreeeeeeeech!

Ok here's my take on the TS9. The pedal in clips that sound great is really the sound from the amp and it's glowing tubes pushed a lil harder by the TS9 or 808 preferably. By itself the TS9 especially when coupled with a solid state amp will come across anaemic... kinda like popeye who hasn't eaten his spinach.

Your original question of turning an MD2 into a TS9 is not far from turning a DS1 into a SD1. The answer isn't "No" It's more like "kinda like" but not exactly.

angry_duck.jpg

omg, it seems the hardest thing is for a thread to stay as a thread.

okay embryo, pt noted, my amp is a piece of dung.

maybe u can solder in or out some resistors or what lessen the crunch more warmth?

Wow. Dude, no. You've already found out that you can't change a car into a lorry. Well, you actually can, what the modder will do is take the car, throw it away, and buy a lorry.

The next answer is also no, you can't change a Honda into a Ferrari by changing the stearing wheel and a couple of seats.

Electronics are a little more complex than you're currently imagining :D

okay.. so i have made a decision. uh.

embryo dude, pm/post the price for the highcut mod as well as true bypass for my dd3, i think i'll just leave my md2 for the moment as i've no money :D

unless u want to tinker with it :lol:

Santa said:
okay.. so i have made a decision. uh.

embryo dude, pm/post the price for the highcut mod as well as true bypass for my dd3, i think i'll just leave my md2 for the moment as i've no money :D

unless u want to tinker with it :lol:

Hello Santa (why this name btw?;)

Forget the true bypass. If you want that it'll cost you way over the price of the pedal and imho not necessary but if you must i'd suggest getting a bypass loop box (check with Blueark) As for the MD2 i guess we'll just await a better time when circumstances are better for you ya. :)

oh and please email mod enquiries to randolf@embryosongs.com :)

Regards

oh okay :D

sure thing. i'll just bring it over to u to mod.

everybody, its very cheap to mod it! get randolf!

oh santa because...

soft told me to change my name :lol:

oh, i'd be happy to trade my md2 for one of your overdrive creations... even if its just a simple volume and gain :D

gosh, i'm hurt :D

lol phanto, it was on the spur of the moment. how'd u get ur name? like from phantom?

so embryo, how much?

Lol No. that was my nickname my cousin gave to me in 2001.

cuz im so fair-skinned, he said i look like a pantomimer. so he said. i am el panto relaxo the mexican pantomime act.

then i changed it to phanto so it sounds more refined.

at least i have story behind my nickname, unlike santa, who is a fag.

i asked santa for a vintage strat and he didnt send me one at christmas.

Santa said:
gosh, i'm hurt :D

lol phanto, it was on the spur of the moment. how'd u get ur name? like from phantom?

so embryo, how much?

Ayooooo u arh! I noe why soft boss ask u to change ur nick. If you show up at my place with that silly Santa cap I'm gonna unleash some.... wild gooses on you and grab that MD2 from you forever more! Mine! All Mine! Hee!

Or how bout this you'll get free drinks everytime u come over in exchange for your orange squash of a pedal? Hee.

Sorry I don't do pedal exchanges anymore unless it's a zvex of course why not right? hee :lol:

Back