Cheap guitars vs Branded guitars!!!

NewGuy

Was wondering about the wood used. Compare a cheap guitar (samick or some local brand) about 200 bucks to a standard squire strat. Both are said to be made of alder body... is there a difference in the wood quality and sound produce not taking pickups into consideration...

If no difference then what about a fender?

workmanship, materials used... its just 'different' from using a samick and a fender...the 'feel'...

owning a fender and having played a samick, the difference is really great. on a fender, it's much smoother and the wooder is good, u can hear the difference. but on a samick, playing for me is rather rigid, as in i have to press harder and the fretboard is very rough...

but the wood wise and toner quality? Cos I was wondering what is the difference if I changed the pickups... will a cheap guitar sound as good as a fender? My start copy do have the twangy strat sound but it kinda feel diff from a strat... but sound wise I can't really tell cos I am still a beginner...

well pickups can make a great difference too. my friend's friend has 2 guitars. one a fender, and one a modded squier. the squier sounds much nicer than the fender

haha... but I found that the wood cavity that house the springs and pickups in my strat copy was raw wood without the paint and some wood seems to chip off... is it normal for a strat or is the quality of it bad?

newguy, even a non guitar player can hear the difference between a good guitar and a crappy guitar...

eh... brother spikes I can tell the diff but can't tell what causes the difference... basically my cheap guitar sounds weaker as if the single coils got problem screaming out whereas my friends fender sound clear and has more strength to it...

the qsn is wheather this is because of the wood or the pickups???

NewGuy said:
haha... but I found that the wood cavity that house the springs and pickups in my strat copy was raw wood without the paint and some wood seems to chip off... is it normal for a strat or is the quality of it bad?
normally strats come with shielding paint in the cavity

if both woods are the same, then it should be pickups? I don't believe diff grades of the same kind of wood can make that big of a difference.

but a strat needs 3 pickups right? So assuming 1 pickup cost 100 bucks, 3 pickups 300... does it sounds logical if the pickups cost more than the guitar itself? haha... kinda funny though...

NewGuy said:
eh... brother spikes I can tell the diff but can't tell what causes the difference... basically my cheap guitar sounds weaker as if the single coils got problem screaming out whereas my friends fender sound clear and has more strength to it...

the qsn is wheather this is because of the wood or the pickups???

i thought you said you cant tell the difference in sound, not what causes the difference, my bad... :oops: well, i too do not think the 'grade' of wood affects the sound... the 'grade' of wood to me discribes the look of the wood... i think the bridge, nut, neck, the springs holding the bridge are the cause of the highness of the strings, and buzzing probably? correct me if i'm wrong...

NewGuy said:
but a strat needs 3 pickups right? So assuming 1 pickup cost 100 bucks, 3 pickups 300... does it sounds logical if the pickups cost more than the guitar itself? haha... kinda funny though...
change the one u do not like.

thanks mew... now I know my strat ain't like normal strat... it definitely does not have shielding paint in the cavity...

haha... ur right vaiyen... most likely will aim for a pickup on the bridge... I use that the most but won't the new pickup sound funny with the weaker stock pickup like the 4th position. BTW, can the pickups be changed by ourself and can it be remove and place in another guitar in the future?

if you know howta DIY, you need to have some lead and a soldering iron, they can be purchased at a resonable price of around $15? plus some lead would be $5? try purchasing them in DIY shops...

ok... haha... will try that when have the dough and the time... for now I stick to my trusted ibanez...

i guess its the same thing with cars..trying to compare a subaru to a ferrari...no matter how you mod your subaru it still wont match a ferrari haha..just my 1 cents worth.

Latest posts

Back