At last it has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, i notice something too! the polepieces of the neck is inverted like JP too!!! its suppose to give a different tone too with that set-up...

echoist, yeap, there is a differnece in tone when you align a pup that way. Its usually a brighter sound... I've done it to the Tonezone and Megadrive pups...

ShredCow said:
hmmm? How does that help? Its just a flat surface... any pressure on it and the trem will still move.
heheheheh... its the body cavity arm rest actually. not the trem arm...
unless i read ur post wrongly! hehehehehhh...

ShredCow said:
echoist, yeap, there is a differnece in tone when you align a pup that way. Its usually a brighter sound... I've done it to the Tonezone and Megadrive pups...
i've tried on a diff p/u too. but it gave me a warmer tone actually... i feel it all depends on the p/u bobbins. how its design to sound like on individual coils. some p/u's have indiv coils that pick-up or sound differently from each other... i got that tip from reading dimebag's inverting his Bill Lawrence bridge p/u.

echoist said:
hey, nice JS u have there...

i c that u must be a petrucci freak. u switched the the toggle switch of the JS to be like JP's controls setup... looks like u switched the neck p/u too rite? (i guess the bridge too!) coz the polepieces dun look like a PAF Pro's... heheheheh... nice...

U R RIGHT!!!. Air Norton on neck & Steve's Special on bridge.

ShredCow said:
btw, that JS looks great! but there's quite a bit of wear/corrosion on the knobs and trem... its the cosmo finish right?

Yeah. I didn't quite take care of it. felt remorseful for that.

and this would be mine (net picture, cant upload pics, dont know why), which i also collected today :D:D:D cheers!

971-10-26-00.jpg

Hey!!!!!! i remember u. U r playing that opeth tune when i collect my guitar & was about to leave!!!!!!!!

Haha, I ATTEMPTED to play that Opeth tune. Rushed down the minute he called(was in bed), fingers were still asleep. Man, the guitar sounds great!!! Hows yours?

Lyn said:
Haha, I ATTEMPTED to play that Opeth tune. Rushed down the minute he called(was in bed), fingers were still asleep. Man, the guitar sounds great!!! Hows yours?

Its good man!!!!!! forgot to ask them to make my action really low. The luthier willb overseas 4 2 weeks. gotta wait 4 him to come though. hows the piezo? Power???? regret not ordering with that option.

I haven't had the chance to really mess around with the piezo(no good amp for it), but from what i heard at Sinamex, it sounded really GREAT! but nothing to worry abt, yours would still play GOOD :D. How do you use the whole stereo/mono input jacks. Do you use both? or just the mono? I got some info of the petrucci forum that a good way is to use a stereo cable, plugged from the stereo jack into a stereo splitter box. Its supposed to be better and more convenient instead of 2 separate jacks+cables.

Lyn said:
I haven't had the chance to really mess around with the piezo(no good amp for it), but from what i heard at Sinamex, it sounded really GREAT! but nothing to worry abt, yours would still play GOOD :D. How do you use the whole stereo/mono input jacks. Do you use both? or just the mono? I got some info of the petrucci forum that a good way is to use a stereo cable, plugged from the stereo jack into a stereo splitter box. Its supposed to be better and more convenient instead of 2 separate jacks+cables.

My guitar doesn't have the piezo option. So im not sure. But if i remember, plug it in mono input. result is switch up, piezo. middle is piezo + magnetic. dwon is magnetic. if stereo input, u gotta have to 2 amps to have the piezo + magnetic on each amp to create a stereo sound

Haha, any chance it will be a mesa? Been looking into a triaxis or a dual rectifier. Chasing that elusive Petrucci Tone man. But financially impossible.

Lyn said:
Haha, any chance it will be a mesa? Been looking into a triaxis or a dual rectifier. Chasing that elusive Petrucci Tone man. But financially impossible.

I've checked the Mesa guy. the Mesa road king & 2*12 cabs. approx 4-5K bro!!!!!!! their MARK IV is around 2-3K. I got a house 2 pay man. unless i can earn big bucks from it!!!!hahahaha. Mayb i will check out Line6 or other tube amps that have mayb 3-4 channels with a good lead tone.

I think a nice laney or peavey isn't too bad. Something cheaper than Mesa but still sounds power! JSX or 6505? Laney also not bad, OPETH TONES!!!!

Lyn said:
I think a nice laney or peavey isn't too bad. Something cheaper than Mesa but still sounds power! JSX or 6505? Laney also not bad, OPETH TONES!!!!

Yeah!!!!! i will defintely check it out. but not nw. BTW, did u buy John's solo album, SUSPENDED ANIMATION?

Latest posts

Back