Anyone going to police acedamy this 11 october?

PNS very lax.
I've seen tonnes of PNS guys where I used to work. They turn up for events like realrun and stuff.

I've been to TRACOM once and saw their working environment. They look happy where they are but seem a little bored and get excited upon having visitors. lol.

:D

I'd say I'm very fortunate to have served both the Army and then posted to the Police as an inspector in my NS days.

I had a lot of fun in the Army and Police training seem manageable after Army. However, it is Police work that is really challenging. I'm not talking abt the admin 8-6 SC personnels but the ground officers and the staff officers who work round the clock.

In the army, we went on "missions" and fight "wars" which is PEACE TIME exercise. In the Police, there's no such thing as exercise once deployed. You handle real situations, real time. One day, you might attend to a case of domestic violence that end up with a subject pointing a knife at you and the next day, you might activated to manage a disaster like the Nicoll Highway collapse or co-ordinating victim identification in Phuket after the Tsunami.

It's not true that Police "only work on highly publicise cases". It's just that bad press goes around faster :) If you receive a complaint of illegal parking and a robbery-in-progress, you'd definitely attend to the latter as it's Police's job to protect life and property.

It is not all adventure like how Heartlanders make Police life to be. I'd recommend those who wish to sign on both Army and Police to really speak to those in the civil service first. It is also a good idea to obtain at least a basic degree before signing to the civil service :)

calistar said:
PNS very lax.
I've seen tonnes of PNS guys where I used to work. They turn up for events like realrun and stuff.

I've been to TRACOM once and saw their working environment. They look happy where they are but seem a little bored and get excited upon having visitors. lol.

*lolx* nonono, they actually get excited only when there is female visitors. its non-applicable for guys :lol:

neuro182 said:
calistar said:
PNS very lax.

*lolx* nonono, they actually get excited only when there is female visitors. its non-applicable for guys :lol:

LOL.

Spotted one very cute one when I went there though. HAHAHA. :oops:

Hee

Actually all are cute la, just dat some look abit yellowish, some brownish, some act beng, some act nerd.

Basically, we're nice & fun peepz to hang out with :)

so you're stationed at tracom?

did you get involved in nike realrun2004?
alot of them were short. haha
i was there at like.. march this year?
the security guard is very scarey.
but one of the 'mam's there is super friendly.

Hmm

Haha I enlisted Apr last year. Now I'm at SOC, Queenstown.

You seem interested in guys in uniform uh?

I tink those running the Nike RealRun are the Officer Cadets batch.

Back