Anyone going to police acedamy this 11 october?

i don't see why the public have a reason to look down on us officers. they criticise the force almost all the time and when they have problems they come looking for us. :roll:

amnesiac said:
hey, army is fun man..LoL

You get to smear your face with green camo paint, tread in the jungle, get to lie in cool mud on a rainy day, fire a SAR/M-16 and breathe in some gunsmoke.. i love the smell of gun smoke by the way.. get to toss a grenade or 2 if u are lucky, make friends with your PTI, free exercise programmes, run and clear SOC, and best of all, you get food that is free!! :D

i agree. it's real fun when we look back on it.

true enuff dat police training is a bit more relaxed compared to army. but i heard they've got lessons/training till night now at PA. but once u POP, if u get to be an NPCO (frontline officers) ull get bombardments of neverending stupid complaints over trivial things. but its still fun non the less, dunno abt the army counterparts, but spf is being closely watched by the public, scrutinised over the smallest things. (not so bad if ure in NS, but bear in mind the regulars whose rice bowl depends on it) every few weeks always ppl complain abt u. how to cari makan??

P/S dis is juz my point of view, police/civil defence/army either way, when the shit hits the fan, wats important is dat u know your role when it matters.
NS is not trainig u for nothin

AiraTekkan said:
i don't see why the public have a reason to look down on us officers. they criticise the force almost all the time and when they have problems they come looking for us. :roll:
I'd be honest with you. I think its because they apparently work hard for the government/highly publicised cases only. I've heard complaints from people who said they called the police for help, but was referred to other bodies/companies to handle. Whereas, when eg. Chee Soon Juan was holding this utterly HARMLESS silent protest, there were like so many riot police who turned up, it looked silly, made a fool out of themselves. There was another silet protest a few years back, but it was not politically motivated, thus only 2 or 3 police officers came and kindly told the women to disperse. Its kind of obvious that they put up a show for the gov.
Another recent case is the buangkok station thing, they acted swiftly on the basis that it was a case of vandalism. But many feel that it was because they wanted to satisfy/put up a show for PAP. Cos normal vandalism complaints, eg. grafitti, the police will just take a look, and say nothing can be done, cos they also dunno who the vandal is.

yea, thats the view of most people. I sometimes do get really unhappy/upset about gov issues too...but nevertheless, i hope to get into police force. :wink:

Back