Any new METAL BANDS to look out 4?

No body wanna reccommend singapore metal???

And some of you are even local musicians..

sigh

Check out Rudra's new release comes with a compilation CD

Upcoming metal band releases to watch out for are Hamartia, Meza Virs and Bhelliom

Check them out too

Foreign Talent metal bands to check out is

Strapping young Lad's Alien

Be Nice, Have a Heart and listen to some local music

hey can you get strapping young lad cd in singapore? :(

btw from what i heard, metal lovers werent very pleased with System of a down's new album.

Theres Soilwork, a swedish band thats been around for some time already. Heard a couple of their songs off Stabbing the Drama, their new album. Pretty good stuff.

And yea, Slipknot's current album is Subliminal Verses ; Vol 3. Not really "new" though, been around for some time liao.

And yea, theres sources that say that SK's terrible twosome wanna take a break, so i guess it'll be a while before their next album.

some of the metal bands i listen to and would gladly recommend

Dream Theater (im sure most of you know them by now)
Meshuggah (awesome mind numbing odd timing riffs)
Lamb Of God (the new Slayer)
Inflames (Swedish melodic death metal band, they sound more mellow now)
Soilwork (almost same as Inflames, they even made a video together)
At The Gates (really interesting speedy stuff)
Emperor (one of my biggest inspiration, awesome avant garde black metal)
Cannibal Corpse (solid death metal band with monster truck like vocals)
Arch Enemy (newbies wont believe the vocalist is female)
Fear Factory (the drummer can make you piss in your pants)

as for local bands,

Ossuary (really awesome and tight band)
Meza Virs (they been MIA a while but still waiting for their album)
Aphellion (they are the Dream Theater of Singapore but they've also gone missing)
Hazagaddah (though i dont get their band name, they are certainly woth checking out)
Meltgsnow (still my favorite local metal band, they have originality and a kick ass stage presence)

Panopticon-3 said:
some of the metal bands i listen to and would gladly recommend

Arch Enemy (newbies wont believe the vocalist is female)

Agreed.

I got called a noob for telling people this..:smt104

why no one mention about cradle of filth? i'm not sure if it's still going on at hmv.. they are selling a limited edition 2cds pack of cradle of filth.. which going for 2 for 36 bucks. i got 3 doors down and the limited edition cradle of filth cd pack for just 36 bucks.

other than cradle of filth, would recommend slipknot album, Vol 3: the subliminal verses. although it's not that new anymore but damn the songs are good.

avenged sevenfold, lamb of god, children of bodom and a band called Rudra.

don't go and buy system of a down cd.. i have 2 live clips which they play the songs which is featured on the new album. personally i don't like it. i don't know about you guys. if you want the live clips. i can send it to you. just pm me

ehh i thought it was Children of Bodom who covered Final Countdown? No?

anyway Cradle of Filth is a pretty good band but the problem is i cant stand the vocalist, he has the most irritating voice on this planet, God Forbid is ok but you get bored of them after a while

Panopticon-3 said:
ehh i thought it was Children of Bodom who covered Final Countdown? No?

anyway Cradle of Filth is a pretty good band but the problem is i cant stand the vocalist, he has the most irritating voice on this planet, God Forbid is ok but you get bored of them after a while

toshi msot irritating voice.
i think dani filth has the best voice on earth. he can do so many diff voice. imo only.

Find Twilightning. You won't be disappointed. Expect harmonized shredding and sweeping at no extra charge. And of coz, lightning bass drums. I'm dead serious. ;)

Back