A Sellout Band

:rolleyes: dexian, kids under 16 will probably never hear of your music. :(

lets do word jumbles. like AXL ROSE -> _ _ _ _ _ _ _

anybody else got any ideas? :idea:

if being a sell-out if doing something that you don't want to do, but just to get recognition. many of us associate this with mainstream bands who used to be unpopular and we assume write play songs which they don't want for the fame, glory and whatever.

what if its the other way around? what if a new unknown band, which prefers mainstream music, wants to get support from the underground scene first before hoping to get the big break and force themselves to play all those "underground" songs just to get the underground scene's support (maybe doing this so that they could get more fans after getting signed)? are they considered sell-outs?

just a thought,

Wah..so many points of views. 5 pages of shit. Hahahah :lol: Keep it up ppl..the more views, the less confusion. 8) N....WTF :smt107 The The? I'v searched on my p2p bt no results :?

was just wondering...if a band..makes e music they wanna make...cus of their dreams and passion for making such music....and when they start performing and all that..they became somewhat an over-night success..and its something they did not expect wud happen cus they thought they wud be underground all along...is such a band to be labelled as a Sell Out?

Cloudsky said:
The Beatles were supposed to be sellouts anyway(at least their early stuff).

Yeah, beatles went the other way. They started writing songs for the masses, later with Rubber Soul, the y became more experimental and created history!

Okay I guess different people have somehow similar views on sellout bands...

But lets say a band composes Emo punk rock songs and they really enjoy what they're doing cause after all , they love playing emo punk rock songs.IF one day they land themselves a recording contract and they managed to cut an album and the entire band is featured on 98.7FM and MTV. Does that mean they are sellout bands suppose if the musical trend among the mainstream people of that period was emo punk rock?

They really enjoy playing emo punk rock songs and so happened that the musical trend of that period of time was emo punk rock. Does this amount to them being labelled as a sellout band?

Basically sell-outs would only b those bands tht appeal to the masses bt actually they intended to only play for a particular group/community. If their style of music is mass-friendly then selling out should nvr b associated w/ em.

speaking of haters, we put up a WGB postcard at POW last friday and when we went to play there on the 26th, we found that someone had stuck a pin in each of our faces on the postcard.

clearly some people really dislike us. hahah. that was kinda weird.

i know i'm way OT, though. sorry.

relax dharma, i dont think they hate you guys...they were just bored...fat chances are that they havent even heard of you guys play...thus neither like or dislike your band...unless they are jealous of your good looks...!! bottom line is...WGB rocks hard! :wink:

to all softies and musicians...do support local music/talents...if we don't, i don't know who else will...

it'd be really really sad if a local band makes it big elsewhere first then come back to Singapore to try their luck...i'd rather a local band make it big in Singapore then venture overseas...then we can proudly say that the band comes from our local scene...

i dont know why i'm saying this...it's so off topic...

my height? lol. hey did i get a chance to meet you at one of the gigs? i'm not sure what you look like, i don't think. :?

schred said:
Wah..so many points of views. 5 pages of shit. Hahahah :lol: Keep it up ppl..the more views, the less confusion. 8) N....WTF :smt107 The The? I'v searched on my p2p bt no results :?

Google it. It's a very old band. Around since the early 80's...

lppier said:
Who cares whether it's a so-called sellout band, as long as you like the music can already. Even if you don't like, plenty of other pple will like.

Pier.

yalor. playing radio frenly songs means that u r catering to the massess nothing wrong wif this, to each his own wot. as long as u enjoy what u r doing and the money rolls in. muahahaha.

nah. u didn't see me... i was already a fried chicken.
but i was standing around 2nd row(if one can ever distinguish which row is which) wearing baby blue collared shirt. :?

Latest posts

Back