23rd Feb(Saturday)–(DXS) Public Performances At JGCC For Mexican Embassy/MP & Public

DXS Members Comming To Support/Watch/Promote Our Very Own DXS Performances - Please put your name here - so we know who will be there --- We really need your Support .tttttt

(1) Soft - James
(2) Rudimental Drummer - Eric
(3) Rla - Rupert
(4) Plainsman - Alfe
(5) ECK - Chow Kiat (Drum Challenger)
(6) stephj - Jono (Drum Challenger)
(7) deonportnoy - Deon (Drum Challenger)
(8) vanhelSINGH - Jiv (Drum Challenger)
(9) hi - Liang Hong (Drum Challenger)
(10) ahpek1 - Shaferi (Drum Challenger)
(11) Nazreen - (Drum Challenger)
(12) Fairoz - (Drum Challenger)
(13) Tama Goh
(14) snowflier -
(15) mel80 - melvyn
(16) LordNagrath - Nathaniel
(17) Gary - The Monster (Drum Challenger)
(18) caijunlong
(19) Drum_Hobbyist - Fu-Man

Volunteers For The Opening Item (The More The Merrier -Pls sign Up your Name Here)

(1) rla
(2) snowflier
(3) LordNagrath
(4) caijunlong

Last edited:
DXS Members Comming To Support/Watch/Promote Our Very Own DXS Performances - Please put your name here - so we know who will be there --- We really need your Support .tttttt

(1) Soft - James
(3) Rla - Rupert
(4) Plainsman - Alfe
(8) vanhelSINGH - Jiv (Drum Challenger)
(13) Tama Goh
(14) snowflier -
(15) mel80 - melvyn
(18) caijunlong

Volunteers For The Opening Item (The More The Merrier -Pls sign Up your Name Here)

(1) rla
(2) snowflier
(3) LordNagrath
(4) caijunlong
(5) metzalx

Yay. :)

have fun guys! =) i will be there in spirit!
it'll be way cool man... =) do promote to the musart band's drummers/percussionists... they may be interested to volunteer! they are all very fun loving and nice ppl.

snow-chan> no sweat one la! pull more female drummers to volunteer too leh? from ur music sch! :p

(1) Soft - James
(3) Rla - Rupert
(4) Plainsman - Alfe
( vanhelSINGH - Jiv (Drum Challenger)
(13) Tama Goh
(14) snowflier -
(15) mel80 - melvyn
(1 caijunlong
(20) Reuben - Reuben

(1) rla
(2) snowflier
(3) LordNagrath
(4) caijunlong
(5) metzalx

update: - Latest Development: -

Volunteers For The Opening Item (-Pls sign Up your Name Here - we need another 3 to 5 person)
(1) rla
(2) snowflier
(3) LordNagrath
(4) caijunlong
(5) metzalx

PS: - Nazreen had spoke to me - that this Friday 1st Febuary 2008 at ( He will wait for us from 7.00 to 7.30pm at Jurong Green CC Reception Counter) - Volunteers For The Opening Item - Please come for the Rehersal as he will be having the Script from Tama Goh by then ... Please take Note. - call me har - at 97989977 ..thank you !

The Yamaha Maple Custom at JGCC

I went down yesterday had a meeting with the Chairman - There will be the Orchestra playing for an hour before our Performances on 23rd Feb 2008.....We will be playing on the Stage.

I've check the Yamaha Maple Custom - and have proposed that the below to be changed - Thus I need to be at the CC today again - to highlight to Mr Chong of JGCC - to change the below following:-

The 2 pieces of Toms Holder (change to New Ones)
The Snare Stand
The Bass Drum Legs - one of them is Cracked.
One piece of Floor Tom Leg's Rubber stopper is missing.
Change all Drum Batter & Reso to Evans (they have it there already for this).

Cheers !
Eric

Last edited:
For Drum Battle Challenger - Our DXS Gladiators - We will arrange a Meeting/Plan/Reherse at Jurong Green upon confirmation from Jurong Green CC as to when is the Date Available (and shall keep you all informed)

Tentatively The Line-Up As AT Now - will be: -

v Chow Kiat vs Jono
v Deon vs Jiv
v Nazreen vs Liang Hong
v Ahpek vs Fairoz

Note: -
Gary - unfortunately cannot Make-It on the day - as U-Blues will Be having A Gig in Australia..on 23rd Feb
I was informed today.

Last edited:
For Drum Battle Performances - Our DXS Gladiators - We will arrange a Meeting/Plan/Reherse at Jurong Green upon confirmation from Alfe (Our DXS Facilitator) and shall keep everyone informed)

Tentatively The Confirmed-Line-Up As At Now - will be: -

Chow Kiat vs Jono
Deon vs Jiv
Nazreen vs Liang Hong
Ahpek vs Fairoz

Alfe: - Thank You for Facilitating this Drum Battle Performances for the 23rd Feb.

It's Today Evening Volunteers - REHERSAL

For The Opening Item - rla, snowflier, LordNagrath, caijunlong, metzalx

We will see you all there at 7.00pm to 7.30pm

Cheers & Thanks !

Eric

Thanks to those who are sacrificing their time for this great cause :) *respect*

Trying to clear my schedule for the 23rd so I can at least be there to support ya'll.

Setting-Up The Concert Toms - By DXS Volunteer Drummers

1.jpg

YOu See-Those DRum-Sticks on the Toms ???????
2.jpg

During Rehersal - Our Instructor is Nazreen (with his Back facing Camera)

3.jpg

DXS Volunteers - Using Mallets
4.jpg

Last edited:
This is the Score - Mr Tama Goh wrote for DXS in the Opening. Looks Complicated ...but actually not so - I had a Go-At-It - -WE NEED VOLUNTEERS !!!!!! - - - Help !!!!!!

5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to the Nazreen & DXS Volunteers who had took out their Precious Time for the Rehersal yesterday evening (That was great spirit) . The Next Rehersal is schedule on the 15th Febuary 2008 Friday (one week before actual date on 23rd)..... (Practice at Home har kekeke...kekeke).

It was indeed a great learning process besides being FUN ... reading Scores as we play the Rudiments....it's really nice.

NOTE: - Can I have another 3 more Volunteers please ... (you can get the Scores from me) - we can meet up also - where I can give you some ideas (plus the Scores I've Photostated - so you can get prepare by next Rehersal on 15th Feb) - BUT must come har after that. - This is how the thing is being done (Not that difficult really) ... as you all know - we are all pretty new drummers from the line-up as above.

Rudiments include eg .....

16th Notes Accent (1eta, 2eta)
Flams Accent, (Rl lr) - very simple also - only do once. kekeke
5-Stroke Rolls ( very little here)
Triplets ( 1-ta-ta, 2-ta-ta)
Rest & and only a few Tie-Notes...

PS: - we hit on the Rims too when doing some of these Rudiments & it's nice.eee

Now.wwww - Please come out and help us please - it's Fun & great learning ! ...

PS: - Unfortunately - I really have alot of things to mend on the day 23rd itself - But I gave it a go yesterday (to find out for myself) -- with alittle practice - no problem - you can all do it with no problem- - Do Join in - It's FUN TIME Bro/Sis

Current Line-Up:-

(1) rla
(2) snowflier
(3) LordNagrath
(4) caijunlong
(5) metzalx
(6)
(7)
(8)

Last edited:
To add on to what RD had said, don't worry about the reading part. Can just hear and learn. Nazreen will break it down for you. Nazreen is a very nice guy. If i'm not wrong, most of the things we played are single strokes and flams.

RD, got 5 stroke roll meh?

Btw, why does my hair look like helmet in some pictures..

Im goin dwn to jurong green cc tmr to be a DXS member. Can i giv it a try? Im quite new but im willing to learn..;)

Last edited:
(1) Soft - James
(3) Rla - Rupert
(4) Plainsman - Alfe
:)cool: vanhelSINGH - Jiv (Drum Challenger)
(13) Tama Goh
(14) Snow
(15) xenOgenesis - (SUPPORTER ^^ )

Ceing - Thank you very much - no problem - call me tommorrow in the evening when you are at Jurong Green CC - I will meet you up - and I will pass you the score (that Tama wrote) - Run through this with you - no worries I have the Tom-toms.....My no is 97989977.

Thanks for joing in.

PS: - Hey everyone , Ex-Rocker, Arnish call me on Saturday - said he will be joing you all too...so the Line up is now.wwww

Current Line-Up:-

(1) rla
(2) snowflier
(3) LordNagrath
(4) caijunlong
(5) metzalx
(6)Ceing
(7)Ex-Rocker
(8)

Latest posts

Back