(-=YoUr DreAm GuiTaR=-)

repulse87

Hi guyZ,

Just wondering what "dream" guitars do you guys want. Personally, i love Gibson Les Pauls, the Gibson Voodoo Les Paul looks Great in my opinion!
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

But we always have problems financially etc. So post ur dream guitars, Strats? Les Pauls? SGs?
icon_biggrin.gif

my dream guitar:

Ibanez S-series with the following specs:

*Flame maple top & i really mean top, not laminate...

*Fixed bridge

*2 X Duncan humbuckers

*maple fingerboard

that´s about it. a bonus if it comes in a 7-string version...
icon_cool.gif

What´s up?

Mine would be a Les Paul Custom

Dimarzio Pickups

Coil Split

Name on the 12 fret or signature on the Truss rod cover

24 x Jumbo Frets instead of 21 frets

-Beast

samick custom shop with 34 frets and 5 pickups, and 15 switches with 4 outputs with built in multieffect and a 12" speaker mounted on it.

oh.... and must be very very pointy all round.... more pointy than a BC Rich.

and of course... must be fluorescent pink with pink knobs and pink switches!

icon_razz.gif

What´s up?

Talk about colorfull, you guys gotta check out my Gibson Les Paul....

Wine Red in color

Chrome Hardware

Black Coated Black Diamond Strings

Green Neck Pickup
icon_eek.gif

Blue Bridge Pickup
icon_eek.gif

-Beast
icon_razz.gif

What´s up?

I thinking of repainting my LP to Purple in the bottom half and retaining the original wine red in the top half...Back of my guitar paint it White

What do ya all think about it?

-Beast

sounds like a psychadelic colour combo... anyway glad to know that people here value their guitars for their tonal performance, not the looks.

looks count but that should be secondary. i have stickers pasted on my tele & people are affected by it (strange- it should be the owner...). they say i devalue my guitar by doing so. please....
icon_rolleyes.gif
i buy guitars not to re-sell them shortly afterwards...

Variax? I have doubts on whether it can really model and emulate sounds frm vintage guitars like 60s Les Pauls... Strats... Teles... even acoustics. But generally, they look cool and the guitar magazines have good feedback on em. One thing good about it is that you can actually change the programs in the guitar itself. So if Line6 has a new program emulating different guitars, u can just "upgrade" ur Variax. Its kinda pricey though,
icon_frown.gif
but u´re paying for like many guitars.

Anyway Line6 has been up to alot of modelling and emulations. Haven´t tried their stuff though, sounds and looks kinda innovative, especially the Guitar Port which links you to the net and blah blah blah....
icon_smile.gif

Is this the new age of guitars?!?
icon_confused.gif

What´s up?

I still firmly standby my opinion that the best way to get that Marshal sound or be it a Fender or Les Paul is to use the real thing.

There is no way you can can that sound...only similar at this time
icon_biggrin.gif
Maybe ten years later...

This reminds me of an ad I saw:

The world´s best distortion cannot be reproduced by tiny ones and zeros.

For those who do not know, ones and zeros means digital.

-Beast

Back