Yet another "Suggest a good guitar" thread.

GoliathZero

Hi people! I'd like some suggestions from you all for a new guitar. Looking at something between about 800-1000 range for metal/rock (ie, darker sounding) but does not sound like crap on clean. Preferably, with 24 frets, a double-locking trem, and a mahogany body (or basswood).

Alternatively, perhaps you guys could suggest a few pickups (humbuckers, maybe?) that can make such sounds?

Thanks for your help.

Edit:

I've narrowed my brand preference down to ESP/LTD, Schecter and Ibanez. Nonetheless, I'm open to other brands. I hear UNO is a nice one...

Last edited:
I will look for second hand market with this budget. Yesteryears Ibanez Prestige like 2820, 2620, 2420, 2720 and 3120 etc fit the bill.

^ what he said. Buying used opens up your options. you can pick up a lot of good stuff for much less on the used market.

about pickups.. find a guitar that you like first. one that you enjoy playing and one that you already like the sound.

pickups can change the way it sounds, but the extent to which it can change the sound is negligible if the guitar sounds completely crappy at first.

uno+warzone+II.jpg

UNO's Warzone II is a definite consideration but it's currently out of stock; i would've grabbed one myself before the close of this year.

mh-100qm_stb.jpg

LTD's MH100 (not in the finish you see above) is also a good buy pertaining to the specs you want.

paul+danial+swing+guitar.jpg

there's also the Paul Danial Swing signature model to check out...

Thanks for all the suggestions people. Great stuff you guys have, and the bits of info helped too.

Just want to check, let's say I want to get a schecter, which model do you think fits the bill?

Thanks for the Schecter suggestion. I'll be sure to try it when I get to Davis again.

Just confirming, I can get the:

Omen @ Davis
MH-100@ Davis
Warzone 2 @ SV (out of stock, i know)

but where can I get the Paul Danial Sig?

Paul Danial's signature mode is a Swing: Available @ SV. it's not officially out yet so no coverage even at Swing's official page.

Back